Don't Stop Believin'

Chapter 6 - Don't Stop Believin' 

Finn's POV: 

What did I do wrong? Why was she all of a sudden acting weird and rejecting me? I thought I was doing everything right. Was I not a good kisser? Did I have bad breath...or worse did I bit her lip? I needed an answer. But she already gave me one. Kinda. I guess I'll leave it alone right now. Leave her alone. I need to make it look like, it didn't bother me. Even though it did. A lot. "Well I'm going to go see Puck. Do you know your way around?" I'm trying to be considerate, and I did my considerate half smile. 

"No, I'm okay. Thank you, though." 

Rachel didn't need me. But I needed her. As I turned around, my hands in my pocket I went over to the fire and sat down. I secretly watched her from afar. She was with Kurt and Mercedes. They were laughing and talking. I could be standing next to her, and putting my arm around her. I wish I could. After a couple of minutes, I see someone walk to her. Some guy that used way too much hair gel. As I walk closer to them, I hear a name. A name I didn't want to hear. Never, but especially not tonight. "I'm Jesse St. James." I heard him introduce. Rachel wanted him, instead of me? That's why she stopped me- us, from making out. He left, when I turned away. I was furious, and of course I walked up to her, and embarrassed myself but I didn't care. All I had to do, was look at her, and she knew. After she tried to defend herself, I walked away. She followed behind me, grabbing my hand having me turn around. "Finn, I'm sorry! You don't understand what happened. It wasn't like that. Please look at me, and let me explain." I heard her plead, over and over again. I wiggled my hand to get it free, and walked to my truck. Slamming the door shut behind me. I'm going to have to give her a ride home. Damn, I can't do this!!

She gets into the truck next to me. Looking slightly over, I see tear marks down her face. As mine is red from being upset. Expecting her to say something more, but she says nothing. Not one word. I start the engine up. Once I pull into her driveway, she finally breaks the silence. 

"Thank you for everything." I nod, as a response. "Anytime, anything for you." And she opened the door and got out. 

Rachel's POV: 

Once he left for Puck, I went over to Kurt and Mercedes. After talking with them, I feel someone touching my back, hoping its Finn, but knowing it's Jesse. Before he gets a peep out, I say, "I really want to stay, maybe we could reschedule? " He leaves quiet which is good, but not fast enough. Finn noticed. The next thing I saw was Finn's disappointed face. All I did was chase after him. That was my "big" idea. I begged for him to let me explain, but he wouldn't even talk. The ride home was miserable. The last moment in here, I was kissing the love of my life, and then I basically broke his heart. After he pulled into my driveway, I thanked him, and of course he had to be sweet. "Anytime, anything for you." The words made me get chills. That no matter how much he was hurting, he drove me home, and had said that. 

I walked into my house, shutting the door. I went upstairs and changed into pajamas. Brushed through my hair and kept thinking. Thinking of how stupid I was. 

Finn's POV: 

I pulled out of her driveway and headed home, and my mind began to think and think and think. She lied to me. He wasn't just a friend. She might have even been hooking up with him. Kissing him. Stuff I wanted to do with her, stuff I was suppose to do with her. Then I began to think again. Who cares if she lied? I still had as much feelings for her as I did before. I didn't care any less. I immediately stopped the car, did a u turn and raced back to her house. I need her. 

Walking up her stairs quickly, not nervous at all, as my adrenaline is pumping in. I lightly knock on her door, to not wake up her dads. I hear her tiny feet come down the stairs. Watching her face through the clear window. She looked so lovely. She opened the door, with a question. "Finn what are you doing here?" Biting my bottom lip, waiting to talk. "I-I don't care. I don't care, who he was. I don't care about your past with him, or your relationship with him. Seeing him next to you, didn't make me care about you less, it made me care more. It made me jealous. You don't need to explain to me. Because no matter what Rachel, I need and want you. I know we just met, but I have these strong feelings for you.." Before she could say anything or even take another breath, I stepped into her house, and put my arms on top of her rib cage, pulling her as close as possible. Looking down into her eyes, and kissing her like before, but differently. Because if I wouldn't have gone back to the Berry's house, if I would have stopped believing  in Rachel and I, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.