Shake It Out

Chapter 3 - Shake It Out

Rachel's POV

After Finn dropped me off, I threw my bags on the floor gently. I know, Finn was worried. But he doesn't think of me like that. Right? I could feel the tenseness of Finn seeing who was calling me. But why, did he actually like me? I call Jesse back, after a couple minutes of leaving Finn's car. Jesse quickly picks up the phone, and sounds excited.

"Rachel! What are you plans for tonight?"

"School bonfire. What about you?" As I try to play it off.

"Hoping to be with you. Just blow it off, and come have dinner with me." 

I clear my throat as quietly as I could. Maybe if I go with Jesse, it will make Finn jealous. "Well I could have a late dinner with you, and go to atleast half of the bonfire?" 

"Sounds great!" As Jesse's voice perks up. "I'll pick you up at your school, at10 then?" 

"It's a...date." After I hang up, I noticed what I just said. I'm now going on a date with someone, I had just told Finn he was only an old friend. I just lied to Finn. Someone I have been crushing over a year for, and now I'm going on a date with a recent musical actor that means nothing to me. I was disappointed in myself. Trying to make up for it, I went upstairs. Took a long shower, and did my makeup waiting for my hair to dry, then straightened it. While being in my house robe still, I pick out my outfit. The bonfire started in 15 minutes. It was now 8:45 pm. After picking out a bright hot pink shorter skirt of mine, with a cute long sleeve shirt, and flats. After I got changed, my phone buzzed. It was a number I've never seen. It read: "Hey Rachel, want me to give you a ride? :) -Finn." I had no idea how he got my number, he probably asked someone at school. I responded accepting the offer. Then right away he texted again saying,"Good I'm outside your house now!" Doing a final look in my mirror, I ran downstairs. Grabbed my phone, and purse. I said bye to my Dads, and left the house. 

After I sat in Finn's truck, I smiled big. "Thanks again, Finn for giving me another ride. You didn't have to!" "I know I didn't have to. I wanted to." Looking into his perfect light brown eyes, I quietly breathed in his manly cologne. It smelt so good. As I started thinking of Finn. I remember Jesse. I try to get him out of my head, but I couldn't seem to shake it out.