A Loving Mistake

Eren walked back into his room, staring at his phone, with a nervous expression. He was hanging out with a twenty one year old man who he had slept with. Plus, he already decided to avoid Levi for his own good. Just to add to that, Levi was pretty much drunk out of his mind.

"That idiot..." He grumbled, tossing his phone onto his bed and pulling grey skinny jeans out of his dresser, throwing them on.
He then stood there, staring at his scrawny, shirtless self in the mirror.

"Ha... no way he's interested in me." Eren ruffled his hair a bit, and dug around his drawers until he found a half decent, blue button up shirt, and put it on, straightening out the collar.

He looked in the mirror again.
"Do I look like I'm trying to hard? Or too sloppy? What if he gets the wrong idea?"
He took a deep breath. "I am not gay. I. Am. Straight." Eren said, sounding as if he barely believed his own words. A million thoughts were racing through Eren's head, and all he could do was reassure himself that he looked fine and that he was not gay.

And he wasn't even positive about that.

By the time he had arrived at Levi's and parked his car, it was 2:30 in the morning.

It had started pouring, so, ducking his head, he sprinted into the lobby of Levi's building.

He took the elevator, and as he stood in it waiting until he arrived at floor B, stepping out and glancing around nervously. He was sweating a bit too.

Eren walked down the hall past a few doors until he found the one he was looking for- number 221, floor B.

"I can't get attached... He will leave... They all leave..." He muttered to himself. "Keep your distance... trust is evil..."

Then, he just stood there, staring at the wooden door.
"I can always turn back I guess... But..." He sighed, lifted a hand, and knocked on the door a few times.

"Come in, it's unlocked." He heard a familiar voice yell from inside.

Eren shivered, not just because it was chilly, and opened the door, stepping into the immaculate apartment.

What he saw he did not quite expect.

Levi was lying on the couch, looking up at Eren, his face quite red. He didn't exactly have a shirt on either. Also, there were two empty bottles on the floor and several more on the table.

"Uhm... Hey..." Eren just scratched his head awkwardly.

"Take off your shoes." Levi slurred his words. With a chuckle, he added, "And your clothes if you'd like."

Eren's face turned bright red, again, and he started hyperventilating a bit. What was he supposed to do? "I-I-uh-I-"

"I was just kidding, cherry cheeks. Get over here." Levi sat up, patting the space on the couch beside him.

Eren awkwardly slid his shoes off, shuffling over to where Levi was and sitting on the couch beside him. Eren sat up straight, his body tense due to his close proximity to (shirtless)Levi.

"Dont get attached... Don't fall for it... Don't let him get you..." Eren repeated in his head.

He tried to avoid eye contact by looking straight ahead and trying to ignore the heat radiating off of the man beside him. The smell of liquor on Levi's breath was extremely strong.

"Have a drink..." Levi offered, grabbing a glass and pouring... Vodka or something?... Into it, nearly spilling and dropping the bottle several times.

"Here... Ya go kiddo..." Levi sounded pretty bad, and he collapsed again after handing the tall glass to Eren.

The younger, hopelessly confused and trapped younger boy just sat there, staring at the drink, his eyes wide and his body frozen.

He could hear his heart rapidly pounding in his chest as he sat there, Levi inches away from him. The room... It was so hot... Nothing made any sense.

"Shit shit shit shit..." Eren thought. "Why did I come here oh my god IM FUCKED what do I do OHMYJESUS! Okay... Okay... Deep breaths... It's fine. Just try and ignore that Levi is shirtless... And drunk... And really hot... I mean, uh, just drink. Just drink and be normal, like you're just, you know, buddies. Right? Okay. You can do this jaeger. Just don't. Get. Attached." He finished his mental pep talk.

Eren, still mildly disoriented, took a sip of the mysterious liquid and felt like his throat was on fire. Whatever it was, it was really strong. But... It wasn't half bad.

He took one sip after another, barely moving, as Levi sat there watching Eren with a strange expression that Eren couldn't identify. But... It was painfully obvious that Levi was staring at him, his entire body. That felt a little but creepy. Okay, really creepy and terrifying... But why did Eren feel just the slightest but of happiness about Levi noticing him like that...?

"Uh... You're staring..." Eren set down the glass after a few minutes. It was empty, and he was already feeling really fuzzy in the head.

"Maybe I am staring... Is that a bad thing?" Levi retorted, his lip curled up into a smug half grin.

"Uh..." Eren just stared, trying to look at Levi's face and not at his bare chest. That proved to be difficult, so Eren turned away.

"Oi, brat, look at me."

Eren continued to face in the other direction. He was as red as a tomato... Or cherry. That just made him blush more. Damn Levi for making that nickname.

"Jaeger..." He said softly. Levi scooted closer to Eren so their sides were touching. Eren was ever so painfully aware of the distance closing between them. Their lips... were... so close...

"NO!" Eren's subconcious screamed. "GET AWAY! HE WILL STAB YOU IN THE BACK, ABANDON YOU, BETRAY YOU!"

 "Levi..." Eren flinched away as Levi got even closer, his heart racing. He didn't want this to happen. He couldn't stop the thoughts going rapidly through his mind.

"I... I dont want this to happen..." Eren thought. "This isn't right... I cannot be... I can't get attached... No..."
 "Please..." Eren said aloud, sounding desperate and terrified. He was curled up in a ball on the couch with his arms over his head, Levi leaning over him. The terror in his voice... was painful to listen to. It was like a depressed and desperate small child. It returned Levi to his senses.

"I'm sorry..." Levi backed away from Eren, his eyes wide. "I-" He stopped as Eren slowly lifted his head and turned it towards Levi, with tears in his eyes.

"Please..." Eren's voice cracked, and tear after tear slid down his face as he stayed curled up in the corner  of the couch, nearly sobbing.

"Eren... I didn't want to..." Levi attempted to put a hand on Eren's shoulder, but he curled up even tighter and a loud sob escaped his lips.

"Please get away from me!!" He yelled, terrified.

Levi immidiately fell back, distancing himself from the crying boy.
"Get a cab to go home..." He sounded hurt. "Come back for your car tomorrow."

Eren looked up, his eyes bloodshot.

"Follow me and we'll get you a taxi."

Eren looked hesitant and even more afraid.

"I promise I won't touch you."

Eren nodded and let Levi guide him (from a long distance) to the side of the street and he hailed a cab.

"I'm really sorry..." Levi said as Eren climbed into the cab, desperately trying to make up for his mistake.

But Eren just slammed the door and the taxi sped off, leaving Levi, with his head hung, out in the pouring, freezing rain.

And Levi... He shed one tear, and another, until he found himself sobbing in the rain.

"It was all just a mistake..." Levi whispered.