What...

Levi was taking in the shock of Jean's story, while Jean was leaning against the desk, trying to stop himself from crying.

"Oh- oh my god... Jean... I'm sorry I was so cruel..." Levi seriously felt like someone had just stabbed him in the chest. Just imagining all those horrible things... He couldn't even comprehend...

Jean shook his head, and turned to Levi, frowning and wiping tears off of his face and taking long, deep breaths. "No. Do not pity me. I do not want your pity, and I don't need it either." 

"I don't pity you. I admire your stregnth." Levi responded, casually patting Jean lightly on the back. But... It felt as if he could feel the scars underneath the fabric of Jean's shirt. Levi shivered, pulling his hand away abruptly.

Jean pretended not to notice.

"I gave in to them. I stopped fighting back,  I just let things go on until I was rescued like a pathetic mess. I wasn't even strong enough to do so much as bruise them. How the hell is that stregnth? I think it's weakness."

"If you had given in, you wouldn't have survived. You were fighting the whole time. And you are alive, and still strong." He meant what he said. He really did admire Jean after hearing that.

Jean shook his head, running a shaking hand through his hair. "Whatever you say, shorty."

"Hey, come on, I'm not that short for my age." Levi responded bitterly, crossing his arms. He was getting sick of being looked down upon, both mentally and physically.

"Fine then. How old are you?" Jean inquired, raising an eyebrow. 

"Twenty one." Levi said simply, rolling his eyes. He didn't appreciate the shorty jokes.

"Yeah, I hate to break it to ya, but you are pretty damn small." Jean chuckled, patting Levi on the head lightly.

"Not where it counts, jackass." Levi snapped, smirking and brushing Jean's hand away.

"Remind me to ask Eren about that someday... I'm sure he would know."

Levi scratched the back of his head, avoiding eye contact. He felt heat slowly rising to his cheeks.

"Or... Wait... Does he top?" Jean teased, laughing.

"Enough of this nonsense!" Levi's entire face had gone from pale white to bright red in a matter of seconds. "Shut it, Mr. Freckle Fetish."

Jean sighed, shaking his head mockingly. "Is that the best you can do?"

"Shut up."

"Maybe I don't want to."

"Fuck you, horseface."

"Oooooooohhhhhhhhh, teachers aren't supposed to swear in front of students." Jean placed a hand on his hip and jokingly shook his finger in front of Levi's face. "You are in troubleeee."

"Oh, come on, you-"

"Excuse me, but could I ask what's going on here?" A farmiliar, deep voice interrupted them.

Levi and Jean spun around, staring at Mr. Erwin, who was watching them irritatedly from the doorway.

"M-Mr. Erwin! How long have you...?" Levi stuttered, scratching the back of his head and trying to stay calm.

"All I heard was Jean jokingly threatening to get you in trouble." Erwin sighed. "Jean, go home. Now."

"Fiiiinnnneeeee" Jean grumbled, grabbing his bag, swinging it over his shoulder, and shuffling out the door.