Oh. My. Fricking. God.

Meanwhile, in Eren's life, things seemed normal.

Just an ordinary Wednesday, off of school for some PTO meeting, whatever.

He had invited Armin over, and they were lying on Eren's bed, watching Doctor Who on Eren's tv.

"Oh my god, what the hell? Why won't that dalek just DIE ALREADY GODDAMNIT." Eren half screamed, flailing his arms and causing Armin to flinch.

"Mmmhhmmm..." Armin mumbled, not looking at Eren.

Eren looked at the blonde with a concerned expression. Armin was so tense lately, and quiet... He also was trying to avoid touching Eren or making eye contact. It was starting to freak him out.

"Uh... Armin?"

Eren grabbed the remote, pausing the show and sitting up, looking at his best friend.

Armin sat up too, facing Eren. "What?" He said nervously, avoiding eye contact.

"Are you okay? You've been way out of whack for the past week."

"I-I-I'm- I'm fine." He stuttered, his eyes wide.

"No, you're not. You can tell me anything."

"I'm fine." Armin insisted.

"No. You. Clearly. Are. Not."

"Stop, Eren."

"NEVER!" Eren shouted playfully, tackling Armin and pinning his arms down, straddling his waist. Armin struggled, grunting as he tried to free himself from Eren's grasp, but Eren was too strong.

Panting, Armin stopped trying to escape.

"W-what are you doing?" Armin asked, alarmed. His pulse was racing, his face was red and Eren was right there and nothing made sense and what was he supposed to do...

"Tell me what's wrong or I'll never let you go." Eren smirked.

"E-E-Eren..." Armin whispered, squeezing his eyes shut and listening to his heart pounding rapidly in his chest. He couldn't do this... His best friend... No... He felt tears stinging his eyes.

"Come onnnnn, just tell me already."

"Eren..." Armin choked. "I-I- I think I'm in love with you."

Eren froze. "Well that was not exactly expected."

"I'm- I'm sorry!" Armin nearly sobbed, struggling some more.

Eren crawled off of him, and Armin jumped up, running for the door, trying to choke back tears.

"Armin!!!" Eren ran after him. Yeah, they were both fast. But Eren had longer legs and caught up to Armin in a heartbeat, before he could even open the bedroom door.

"Stop!" Eren yelled, grabbing Armins arm and wrapping his other arm around Armin's waist, trying to pull him away from the door.

"STOP! LET GO! IM SORRY!" Armin tried to yank away, but Eren wrapped his arm tighter.

While Armin struggled weakly, Eren turned him around and pinned him against the wall by his wrists.

"Armin..."

Armin screamed at the too of his lungs, still struggling to no avail.

"ARMIN, STOP, ITS OKAY!"

Armin whimpered when Eren raised his voice, freezing and shrinking away from Eren's face.

"It's okay... I understand..." He let go of Armins arms slowly, then wrapping his arms around his waist and pulling him into a tight hug.

Armin grabbed fistfuls of Eren's shirt and buried his face in his shoulder. "I'm so sorry..."

"Armin..." Eren whispered. "I'm sorry. Look... I know this is harsh. I've got another guy. I... I can't. I'm sorry. I know it's hard to be around someone you love that doesn't love you back... It hurts a lot... You don't have to be my friend anymore if you don't want to..." Eren nearly cried at the last bit. "B-but I'll miss you. And this is selfish, I know... Can we at least try to be friends still?"

Armin nodded. "Y-yeah."

After a few more seconds, they broke the hug.

"T-this is selfish too..." Armin muttered "but can I just have this..."

He closed his eyes, leaning forwards, and pressed his lips to Eren's.

But only for a second.

"I-I'm sorry." Eren whispered as Armin pulled back.

"It's okay." Armin responded. "I'll be okay." He smiled, even though the pain in his chest was unbearable.

He smiled, even though he wanted to scream.

He smiled even when he just wanted to die.

He smiled, with tears streaming down his face.

He smiled for his best friend.

He smiled for love.

And he smiled to hide the hurt. Because, he knew, he needed Eren just as much as Eren needed him. And even if it was only in a friend way...

That was better than nothing at all.

-

Author note- speaking of plot twists and drama... This was fun to write. And no, guys, there will most likely be no threesome...

Most likely.

Ha, your comments are hilarious and amazing and sweet and motivational and inspirational and entertaining so feel free to leave even more comments.

Luv ya.

~Volume

(Side note- I just wrote two chapters in thirty minutes at midnight on a school night. Oh god.)