Thanks, Jean.

After finally getting that girl to back off, and after people quit staring at them, Jean and Levi continued to talk about Levi's proposal plans, and Jean was fangirling like crazy, squealing "Its soooooo romanitcccccc" every five seconds. Not even an  exaggeration. But, Levi seriously needed to talk now.

"Jean... what do I do about Mikasa?" He asked. He was really scared, and didn't know if he should ask Eren about it.

Jean looked at him, suddenly very solemn, raising his triple pierced eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"I know next to nothing about her. All I know is that she seriously, seriously hurt Eren, and I get the feeling she won't be too happy about the whole gay thing. I don't want Eren to go back to whatever mess and pain he was in a while ago, before I met him. I don't want her to hurt him. Not again." Images of Eren when Levi had found him that one day... the look in his eyes... he never wanted to see him like that again. Never. No matter what it took.

Jean nodded understandingly, scratching the back of his head. "Well... I met her a few times before his mom died. She was always kinda cold towards people, but I guess that's just because she was adopted, and I think her parents died or something. I swear, the chick never said a single word to me, just watched me apprehensively, like I was going to hurt Eren. Their mom got horrendously sick constantly, so she was the one watching over Eren. She was really, really, really protective. She loved Eren, in a brother sort of way, but she tried to hide it by being harsh all the time. But I know she cared, because she never snapped at Eren, unless he was in danger of harming himself in any way. She changed a lot though..." Jean paused, looking at the sky questioningly, as if he was remembering something.

"And? After his mom died?" Levi urged him on anxiously.

"I saw her twice after that. At the funeral... Eren was being hugged and stuff, and trying not to cry, and talking to some of his aunts and uncles and such. Marco and I were off to the side, with the rest of Eren's friends. She... she looked like death itself. Mikasa was sitting at the grave, staring at Eren as he was hugged by his relatives. She just watched, and she looked so broken and sad and angry, like a total wreck. I mean, she had lost everything when she was a kid, when her parents died, and she had to go through it all over again. The pain of being completely alone, no mom, no dad, no relatives. I guess she envied Eren for the fact that he had so many friends, and even a few family members. The second time I saw her was two weeks after the funeral. I dropped Eren off after he had gotten really, really drunk. I lugged him up the stairs and he was barely able to support his own weight. When she opened the door, she looked completely pissed. I mean, like she was gonna kick my ass any second and then murder Eren. Without a single word, she grabbed him, literally tossed him on the floor, and slammed the door in my face. I could hear her screaming. She called him a worthless, shitty murderer. Word for word. The chick went ballistic. Absolutely insane. After that, I never saw her again, and she just left Eren." After he finished, Jean looked at Levi with a sad expression.

Levi didn't even know how to react. He had guessed as much, but, holy shit, she was worse than he thought. "I... No way. No way am I telling her. I won't let her touch Eren." He resolved angrily. "She won't lay a single hand on him. She doesn't deserve a brother like him. He... he just... she can go fuck herself."

Jean sighed, shrugging. "It's your choice, I guess. You should sit down and talk to him after you propose though. i mean, he may want to let her know. Or not. It depends."

Levi nodded. He knew what he had to do. "Thanks Jean." He smiled, standing up and pulling his car keys out of his pocket. "Thanks a bunch."

Author note- Ayeeeeeeee! I'm back! Next update will be out tomorrow!

~Volume