Two Years Later...

December 25, 2015

"Daddy! Daddy! Wake upppp! It's Christmas, it's Christmas, daddy! Santa came!" A little girl, wearing a pink nightgown, with long brown hair and bright green eyes, bounced up and down on her parents' bed, trying with all her might to wake them up so that Christmas presents could be opened. She giggled, tugging on the blankets relentlessly.

"Ellie, just give daddy five more minutes to sleep..." Eren grumbled, rolling over, groaning and tugging on the blanket, trying to cover himself once more. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to block out the sunlight filtering in through the shades.

"Nooooo! Wake up nowwww! Emmet is already downstairs, we don't wanna wait anymore!" she yelled impatiently, giggling even more, squealing and jumping on Levi's back, causing him to cry out in pain, waking up immediately.

"AAHHH! GOD DA-" He yelled, but then Eren swiftly kicked him in the leg through the tangled bedsheets, correcting his language.

"Levi, watch it." He grumbled. Ever since Ellie was born two years ago, and her half brother, Emmet, was born one year ago, they had been trying to cut their swearing habits, and, so far, Levi was having a tough time with it.

"Sorry, sorry..." Levi grumbled, sitting up to face Ellie, who was watching him expectantly. She stood there, her hands on her hips.

"Daddy, get up, now!" She snapped, with the same attitude Levi always had.

"Well well, isn't someone demanding? Reminds me of Eren's attatiude..." In response, Eren grunted, kicking Levi in the leg once again.

Chuckling, Levi yawned, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and lazily rising to his feet, stretching. He then turned to look at Ellie, smiling sheepishly. She was biologically Eren's kid, and looked a hell of a lot like him. She had the same beautiful, joy filled, green eyes, the same smile, and the same silky brown hair. Her tan skin tone was just the same, and she was also quite tall for a two year old. Ellie was always super outgoing, and could make anyone smile in a matter of seconds. She was so enthusiatic and happy, Levi found himself grinning uncontrollably every time she looked at him. Her joy was contageous.

"Yay! You're awake, you're awake!" She squealed excitedly, bouncing up and down, shaking the bed, casuing Eren to groan again, burying his face in the pillow. "Can we open the presents now, can we? Can we?"

"Not until your other daddy is awake." Levi smirked. "Go wake him up." He winked at Ellie.

She nodded, smiling mischeviously.

Slowly, she crept over to Eren's side of the bed, watching him as he tried desperately to fall back alseep and ignore her and Levi. She made a plan, then turned back to Levi, who grinned approvingly. Leaning over Eren, she started a mental countdown.

3.... 2.... 1...

With a loud yell, she jumped as high as she could, crashing down on Eren's hip, still screaming and laughing as she did so. She collapsed on top of him, pulling at his hair and trying her best to tickle him with her tiny little hands.

"GAHHHHH!" Eren, startled, and in pain, pushed Ellie off of himself immediately and rolled off the bed with a loud crash, clutching his hip and groaning. He winced, continuing to lay there on the floor, motionless, trying to catch his breath, while Ellie and Levi laughed hysterically, looking down at him with an evil sparkle in their eyes.

"Ellie... Was that really necessary?" Eren whined, slowly sitting up, supporting his weight with his elbow. He kept a firm grip on his hip and lower back, which were still throbbing.

Ellie just laughed. "Yep!" Turning on her heel, she dashed out the door, yelling over her shoulder. "ITS CHRISTMMMMMAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!" Eren and Levi could hear her loud footsteps as she ran down the hall, shouting and giggling.

"Where do they get all that energy...?" Eren mumbled, his voice coarse.

"Now now, you sound like an old man." Levi grinned teasingly, holding out a hand to help Eren up.

"Well-" He took Levi's hand firmly, pulling himself to his feet. "I am a dad now. It really ages you, ya know? Can't keep up with the kids these days..." He scratched the back of his head, shrugging.

"You were just a kid yourself, not too long ago." Smiling, he pecked Eren on the cheek.

"Yeah, yeah... You're the old man." He laughed.

Then he remembered something. Well, I mean, he never forgot it, but he had just forgotten to mention it, anyways. "Oh, and, by the way, happy birthday! I should've said it earlier..." He mumbled."... But, uh, well now I just sound awakard... damn I'm bad at this... Happy Birthday!" Levi blushed slightly, which was rather unusual.

"Why are you blushing? Did I do something?"

Levi shook his head. "No, no. You're awkwardness and enthusiasm towards everything makes you adorable, that's all."

Eren scratched the back of his head, shrugging and smiling inncoecntly. "Yeah... Words are not my strong point... Man, I always forget to say it first thing, because Ellie always distracts us talking about Christmas..."

"Man, as much as I love them, I miss the days when we could go on birthday dates more often without worrying about the kids..." Levi mumbled, looking at his feet.

"Don't worry, I got a babysitter for tonight and tomorrow. We're spending today with the kids, but later, after the party, I have some plans to go somewhere..." Eren reassured him, grinning.

"Where to?"

"It's a surprise."

"Now doesn't that sound farmiliar..." He chuckled, thinking back to the proposal, where he had been the one to pull the whole surprise thing. "Okay, well, can I have a little gift right now?" Levi pointed at his lips, grinning.

"Of course." He winked.

Moving slowly and gently, Eren wrapped his arms around Levi's neck, touching their noses together. He had to slouch ever so slightly, Levi still being a whole three inches shorter. He paused for a moment, his eyes closed, listening to the sound of Levi's steady breathing, perfectly synced with his own. Then, tilting his head, he pulled Levi closer, parting his lips slightly, slowly pressing their lips together. A farmiliar, warm, electric feeling overcame the both of them as they made contact. Unlike the way they kissed roughly, back when they first met, they now kissed more passionately, taking their time, running their hands through one another's hair, taking in their scent, their touch, their taste, treasuring every intimate moment they had. They synced their movements almost perfectly, moving their lips together, pulling back for only a few breif seconds for a quick breath, then locking lips once again.

Memories flashed through their minds, like when they first met, their first date, their wedding day, when they brought Ellie and Emmet home... All the memories they treasured, just as much as they treasured eachother. Both of them were lost in the warmth of the other person, surrounded by nothing but bliss, as if they had gone to some alternate universe.

Unfortunately, they returned from that universe all too soon.

"DADDYYYYY! Stop all the icky kissy stuff and let us open presents!!!" Ellie interrupted them, knocking on the door.

Eren and Levi jerked away, releasing eachother immediately, both of their faces flushed red. They turned to face Ellie, completely flustered, and embarrased that they had been caught in the act of making out, by none other than their demanding little two year old daughter.

"S-sorry, dear, we'll be right there." Levi stuttered, totally startled.

"You'd better!" She demanded, turning and marching back down the hallway.

Laughing, Eren and Levi looked back to eachother. "Well, might as well get going then..."

"Okay," Eren said. "To be continued later?"

Levi nodded. "To be continued later."

Author Note- Ellie and Emmet were born from surrogate mothers. Ellie is biologically Eren's kid and Emmet is biologically Levi's kid, just so you know.
Anyways, This is just a little teaser/ intro for the next chapter. This chapter is sort of a short filler, because the next one won't be released until Christmas, but when it is, hopefully you guys will enjoy it, because I suppose it's kinda like my gift to you? I hope you don't mind the wait too much! Love you guys! Have a good day!

~Volume