Again. (continued)

Eren thought of his mom, his sister, Armin... Everything. The only think that kept him from crying out, the only thing that was keeping him sane for the past few weeks- was Levi. Levi was like an anchor to the present. He stopped him from falling into the past, like he had for so many months. Levi had broken past something Eren had been building up for years, even before the accident. 

And Levi thought of who he lost, how her death was his fault... His mother and father abandoned him a few weeks later. All they did... Was scream. "It was your fault Levi! YOU killed her! You worthless piece of shit!" He was thrown into his room and locked in there on a daily basis. Eventually, his parents just left, leaving Levi in an empty house with no money, no food, nothing. Erwin and Hanji let him stay at their places when it got cold, and their parents thaught him to play instruments and helped with school fees. That was his only family, his only friends. He didn't talk at school. He got good grades, he got beat up, he got bullied for his lack of height, but he never said a word. He just walked away. Social workers couldn't even get to him. They got so frustrated... they gave up on him, like everyone else did. He made friends witha girl once. He let her talk to him, he talked back. He truster her. He let her in. But she tore him down. One day he told her about his past... About what happened... She never spoke to him again. She just spread rumors, saying he was a monster.

Levi had never let anyone through his walls ever again. He had built up a mental barrier of steel.

But Eren broke through.

Eren, his boyfriend, Eren, had broken through and stole his heart, and his trust.

And he didn't know what to do. He had never truly loved someone before. All his past relationships were just illusions, lies to keep his mind away from horrible things. But this was real. Right there, and they held hands, Levi knew he had someone special. And he would never let go.

Eventually Eren opened his eyes, looking into Levi's cold, grey blue eyes just a few millimeters from his own. Those eyes... there were so cold, yet every time Eren looked at them, he felt warm and happy and bubbly inside.

He could remember waking up that morning after the bar and seeing those grey eyes looking at him. They made him so happy. Yet, every time he looked into them, all he could think about was how much he wanted Levi. Not just in that way, but he wanted to wake up beside him, and make him breakfast, and see his messy bed head hair. He wanted to stay with him.

But he felt so guilty, so selfish. He knew that murderers don't deserve happily-ever-afters.

And, well, he was a murderer.

"Levi...." He said quietly, squeezing his hand. "Are you... sure? That you want to date me?"

"I've never been so sure of anything in my life."

Eren flinched, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. "I-I... You should probably know... I'm a murderer."

That honestly startled Levi quite a bit, but he held still, trying not to show it. "What do you mean?"

And Eren spilled everything.

He told the story in great detail, with his eyes closed, tears streaming down his face as he said each word. He didn't want to tell Levi... But he deserved to know. He knew... Levi would leave him now. He would blame Eren, he would get up, and he would walk out of his life forever. 

When he finished, he took a deep, shaky breath, and opened his eyes to see Levi, still there, showing almost no emotion at all.

Eren braced himself for the worst.

Levi stood up, still holding Eren's hand, and slowly sat down on the couch beside him.

To Eren's surprise, Levi wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling the brunette into his lap.

"I still love you. It wasn't your fault. You aren't a murderer." Levi whispered, his heart poudning. Eren was so warm and frail. He would never let go, he would never leave. "I love you. I'll say it as many times as it takes for you to believe me."

"I love you too, Levi."

Author note- OH MY GOD THAT TOOK FOREVER TO WRITE I AM DEAD 

Thank you soooo much for the support! <3

Love you guys!

-Volume