Again.

"Eren!" Levi yelled desperately, jumping out of his car and slamming the door. He his his leg on the door and it hurt quite a bit, but he didn't care. He had to get to Eren. He had to get to him before... before...

He shook his head, blocking unpleasant memories from reaching him. 

He ran up the stairs leading to Eren's apartment, his shoes pounding against the floor. He tripped over the steps multiple times, and even though it hurt and even tore at his sleeves a bit, he got right back up and kept running. 

He inhaled in desperate gasps, tears stinging his cold, grey eyes. It had been so many years since the last time he did this... The last time he tried to save someone, all those years ago.

But he had been far too late.

Memories began to flood his mind, like the dam seperating his memories from his mind broke. Running into the room... the body... the body of the one person he had left... her lifeless body on a bed... all his fault... then the funeral... the coffin, the tiny coffin...

Suddenly, he replaced that with Eren.

Eren was her. Eren was dead. Gone. Forever.

He could see it... Eren's body, his empty eyes, his mangled body... cold as ice...

"No...." he shook his head.

Eren wasn't dead yet.

"I cant be too late..." He pounded on the door, trying not to break down in tears.

He was knocking for several minutes. "Eren! Eren! Eren!" He screamed over and over again. He was knocking so hard for so long... his knuckles were raw. Everything hurt. Every breath was painful. What if Eren was in there, bleeding to death? What if he was sitting there, with vodka and pills? He was all alone. Levi had left him all alone. He hadn't noticed. All he did was get drunk with Eren. He never sat down to talk with him. He regretted it so much now. He just wanted to see Eren smile, he just wanted to embrace him and never let him go. Never, ever leave him again.

But... What if it was too late? Was Eren too far gone?

He didn't want to lose anyone else.

"EREN, OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR! PLEASE!" He sobbed, and took a step back, running at the door and slamming his body against it.

It didn't budge.

"Eren... Fuck..." He put his hed in his hands, and tears fell from his eyes. "Fuck fuck fuck... Nobody else... Not again... I can't be too late again... My fault... Again... I'm a... A..." Levi started coughing violently, choking and sniffing and screaming and sobbing all at once.

All he could think of was her, dead.

And he didn't want to see Eren the same way.

He could picture Armin sobbing, Jean's dissapointment and everyone else...

"NO!" He screamed once more, hugging himself.

Inside the house, Eren stood in front of the door. He could hear Levi sobbing outside.

"Should I answer..." Eren hesitated. He didn't want to be selfish. He didn't want Levi to be with him. Levi would be better off with someone else. Eren had his bleeding hand on the door handle, and he was shaking. He wanted to open the door, but... maybe, just maybe, Levi would go away. Maybe Levi would break up with him and go date someone else and just be happy without him.

The idea hurt. But he felt like he deserved it.

He heard Levi slam his fist against the door once again. "Eren... If you're in there... please... please open the door..." He took a deep shaky breath. His lungs burned. He didn't know what he would do if he was too late. He had abandoned Eren. It would be his fault. All his fault... "Eren... please... I can't lose you too... I... I..." He broke down, curling up in front of the door. "PLEASE" He sobbed.