So soon....

"Leviii, was it really necessarry to blindfold me?" Eren whined, sitting in the passenger seat with his arms crossed.

Ignoring Eren, Levi grinned to himself, looking straight ahead, continuing to drive, not saying a single word. The whole day he had been practically shaking in anticipation after hearing the news, and now it was finally happening. Everything was completely surreal, and he shivered every time he felt the small box in his pocket. That was his whole future, in a box.

"Levi, stop ignoring meeeee!" Eren pouted, kicking his feet.

"Eren, be patient, we're almost there." Levi assured him, still grinning.
~~~~~
In a few minutes, they pulled into a parking space, and the car halted. Levi looked over to Eren, sighing in content. He was really nervous, and hoped his plan would turn out well. If it did... Nothing could make him happier.

"Hey, can I take off the blindfold?" Eren asked for he billionth time in the past five minutes.

"Nope, not quite yet, dear." Levi chuckled, leaning over and quickly placing a light kiss on Eren's cheek. "Just a few more minutes, I promise."

Stepping out of the car, Levi made his way around the vehicle, opening Eren's door. He took Eren's hand, guiding him out of the door, and helping him gain some balance as soon as he was standing.

"Yo, why are we all dressed up exactly?" Levi and Eren both wore dress pants and button down shirts, although Eren had left his untucked, for the sake of the fact that he hated being so formal and uncomfortable. They both also wore black blazers, but Levi had a rose tucked into his left pocket, and also a wool scarf wrapped around his neck.

"You'll see." He responded, wrapping an arm around Eren's waist and locking the car, then beginning to carefully lead him out of the parking lot, still grinning.

"Okay, why do I need to be blindfolded?"

"It's a surprise."

"Okay, but-"

"Eren, sweetie, please, kindly stop asking questions, and have some patience, before I lose all of mine." Levi chuckled, ruffling Eren's hair.

"Okay, but stop calling me sweetie, it's freaking me out." Eren mumbled.

"Okay, darling." Levi teased, causing Eren to groan in exasperation.

"Just hurry up... I don't like feeling blind."

Carefully guiding Eren with his hand placed on his lower back and holding his hand, Levi lead Eren out of the parking garage and onto the busy streets of Chicago. The sky was a dark, blackish blue, no stars to be seen with all the city lights. It was chilly, but the city seemed to be warmed by the feeling of life, cars crowding the streets and people bustling here and there across sidewalks, yelling and laughing and singing.

In front of them was the entrance to Navy Pier, a short flight of cement stairs, with a red arch over it, reading "Navy Pier Park" in large red letters. The Ferris wheel lit up with gold lights behind the sign, a gorgeous sight like no other. Behind it was Lake Michigan, a darker blue than the sky, reflections of the buildings and the lights sparkling in the turbulent water.

Levi smiled, for he hadn't seen that familiar sight and that sign, in what felt like many long years. It brought back so many memories, of running up and down the stairs below it with Erwin, laughing and giggling, when they were just little boys. Years later, him running under it, but alone this time, without Erwin, while crying and trying to hide it. Years after that, coming back with Erwin and Hanji in their teenage years, hiding all the heartbreak that he felt, while they sat, eating ice cream and laughing at old jokes and stories. And now, with all those memories, he was about to make a new one, one that he would never forget.