Change of Plans

November 20, 2013

Levi leaned against the counter, early in the morning, wearing nothing but a pair of red plaid pajama pants. His short, black hair was a disshevled mess, and he drank a mug of fresh, hot coffee, waiting for Eren to get out of the shower.

For November, it was a weirdly nice day, and the whole kitchen was illuminated by the sun coming in through the window, although it was super cold out. Levi was just happy to be inside, all warm and cozy, spending another day in with Eren. His life was so amazing now. When Levi was a kid, he never could've imagined how much everything would improve, and he was greatful to Erwin and Hanji for stopping him from being consumed by his sadness back then.

He smiled, taking a deep breath. After a moment, his thoughts drifted to the little white box, hidden in his nightstand. God, he was so nervous and excited and happy, all at once. They were going to get married, and live together, and maybe have a family...

Shaking his head just the slightest bit, Levi cleared his thoughts, trying not to get too far ahead of himself. There was always the chance that Eren could say no, or maybe it wouldn't ever become legal.

Trying not to dwell on those thoughts for too long, Levi shifted his gaze to the television.

The mini tv on their counter showed images of gay rights protests going on in Chicago. The volume was turned down completely, so Levi couldn't hear the reporter babbling, but he watched as a man wearing a minidress and heels danced around in the chaotic crowd, waving a rainbow flag triumphantly. Signs with witty sayings waved over the heads of the hundreds of people, some supporting gay marriage, some not. Every now and then, the detested Westborough Baptist Church would pop up, causing Levi to wrinkle is nose in disgust.

"Damn..." He muttered, taking another sip of the steaming hot coffee, and flinching as it burnt his tounge slightly. "Why can't this just be over with... Homphobic assholes..."

Just then, Eren walked in, a towel wrapped around his shoulders, his hair dripping wet, wearing boxers and one of Levi's gigantic pajama shirts. Even though Levi was an inch shorter, because Eren was skinnier, Levi's shirts were really baggy and big on him. He looked incredibly adorable as he lazily shuffled into the room, stretching his arms and groaning.

"Mornin'" Eren mumbled, yawning sleepily, and rubbing his eyes wearily. He walked sluggishly, until he stood beside Levi, who put down his coffe and placed an arm around Eren's thin waist.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." He chuckled, ruffling Eren's soaked hair. "I thought you wouldn't ever wake up."

"How do you get up so early?" Eren inquired, yawning again, and burying his face in Levi's neck, breathing steadily.

"Eren, it's almost noon. It's not that early, you're just a giant slug." He chuckled again, sighing and stroking Eren's hair gently.

"Whatever, midget," He grumbled.

Ignoring the comment, Levi pulled Eren's face off of his shoulder. "So, what do you want to do today?"

"Uhmmmm... can we watch movies and eat popcorn and stuff? Like a movie day?" Eren asked, perking up a bit.

Levi nodded, looking thoughtful. "Hmmmm... sounds good. What movie?"

"The Avengers?"

"Again, Eren?" Eren had forced Levi to see The Avengers in theaters at least eight times. He was completely obsessed.

"Okay... Mulan?" He begged, wrapping his arms around Levi's neck and doing his best puppy face.

Sighing and placing his hands on Erens hips, he nodded. "Fine, we'll have a Disney marathon. But I have to leave for work at ten, okay?"