Pilot.

Emma Swan:

*Knock!Knock!*

I stroll over to the door in my tight skinny blue jeans and a red vest top. I look at eye level but I don't see anybody. Stupid kids playing knock-a-door-run is my first though, I begin closing the door but all of a sudden it because harder. "Wait" I hear, I look down and there's a kid holding a book, a little boy stopping my door from closing.

"What do you want kid? I don't have any money for cookies or whatever you're trying to sell" I speak with annoyance, I have no reason to be annoyed, I just am

"I'm not selling anything." He replies with his usual jolly little voice. "I'm your son, Henry"

"Ha... sorry, I don't have a kid" I deadpan and try shutting my door again, but this time he runs below my arm and into my apartment. "Kid you can't do that, you need to go home"

"We need you Emma."

"How do you know my name?" I ask with a little more curiosity this time. This kid is smart, but he needs to go home there's no way he's my kid. I admit I did give a kid up for adoption 10 years ago and I think about him everyday, however I'm unfit to be a mother I know I made the right choice wherever he is, but this kid looks about 8, there's no chance he's my son.

"Like I said...I'm your son. I paid with my moms credit card to track you down and now we're in trouble, we need you mom" instantly my heart drops to my stomach at the unfamiliar name he called me. I snap back to reality soon enough and put up my walls soon enough.

"I'm not your mom, I'll drive you home, but that's all." I sternly respond. However, for some reason this boy seems happy enough with this like he's holding on to so much hope.

We get in my little yellow bug and drive to Storybrooke, past the sign and I can't help but wonder why I've never heard of this place. I've never seen it on the map. While we're at the end of our road trip I take this opportunity to talk to Henry and find out answers.

"Kid... why do you insist on me being your mother?" I ask avoiding eye contact.

"You gave a kid up for closed adoption 10 years ago today, I am that boy, you're my mom" he replies with joy from my question, but I don't want him getting the wrong idea, I'm most certainly not mother material. I gave my kid up because I wanted him to have his best chances in life and I admit there's not a day that goes by when I don't think of him. Who he is? Where he is? What he's doing? Or how he is? He's forever in my heart, I just can't see myself ever being a mom.

"How do you know that?" I ask with worry, for saying I keep claiming that Henry is most definitely not my long lost kid, he seems to know an awful lot about me.

"Because today is my 10th birthday, and our town is in trouble. My mother is the evil queen and she's cursed everyone, nobody remembers who they are, their past." He looks out his window and points at a pixie haired women walking so elegantly. "Like her, she's my teacher Mary-Margaret, she's Snow White and she's also your mother" he says and I almost jam my breaks and panic for a moment, until I remember what he is saying is clearly nonsense.