Part 5.

Regina Mills:

"Thank you... really. You're not so bad yourself Swan, and Neal sounds like a douche" I smile wholeheartedly peering through my thick lashes. Emma thinks I'm gorgeous? Really?

"It's my pleasure" she smiles and adjusts her position on my sofa, she shuffles back but faces me better, resting her arm on the back of the sofa and her head in her hand. "I'm serious though Regi....Madam Mayor, anybody would be lucky to have you that's for sure"

"Shut up, why are you saying this?" I chuckle nervously, I'm never that good in these situations, I'm always a fumbling mess during awkward conversations. I can't stand to hear any positivity thrown my way, I crumble at any compliments and I just down know how to control myself. I'm a woke full of bad luck and misery, the on,y love I have in my life is Henry, but he thinks I'm evil, I'm just not lucky.

"Because it's the truth" Emma leans forward and tucks a piece of my thick locks behind my ear and runs her finger down my jawline in the process. It's either we've had to many drinks and can't think properly, or Emma's flirting. "...You're beautiful"

I look down all bashful, until Emma lifts my head with her index finger below my chin in order for my eyes to land upon hers. She's slowly moving in and I'm confused by the situation. What's going on? She moves her finger from my face and reconnects her hand with my cheek and we're to the point we can smell each other's presence.  The alcohol swimming between our mouths, the warming smell of vanilla tempting me to just crawl into her arms. We're unbelievably close our noses are almost touching... is she going to kiss me? Because I admit ... I guess I wouldn't pull away, something about Miss Swan seams interesting and I'd like to know more. I run my tongue over my lips while closing my eyes, preparing myself for what's to potentially come or more to the fact... what I hope to come.

I part my lips and lean in further to the point I can feel her lips ghosting over mine. My heart hammers for her lips to connect with mine, just so I know what my true feeling for this women is. One minute I hate her guts, and the next she's likeable, or more irresistible. "Mom" I hear ripping me away from Emma's endearing trap. I rush away from Emma and fumble to the edge of the sofa trying to play it off cool. Damn, I'm such a mess right now, a blush sweeps across the two of our faces as we look to Henry.

"Yes Henry" I turn my attention to my son standing in the door way.

"Sorry... I didn't know emma was still here" he says sweetly, but he's a smart kid and I can only assume he knows what was about to happen between the two of us. "I had a nightmare"

"What was it kiddo? Come sit with us" Emma announces, so I shuffle further back to edge of the sofa allowing Henry to crawl between us.

"Well... it was your mom Emma, Snow White... she was about to kill the evil queen but I couldn't bare to watch, because mom is changing and I know it" he softly whispers as tears trickle down his face showing the pain he is suffering. Again, my heart throbs for my son. I'm not evil.

"Henry dear, look at me" I whisper also allowing my eyes to flood with water. "I'm not evil, I hate that you think of me like that. I promise I love you with all my heart and I wouldn't be your mom, or the Mayor if I was evil would I?" Tears run down my face ironically as I brush away Henry's. "You know id never hurt you don't you? I love you with all my heart"

"I know mom" he returns as I kiss his temple flicking my eyes up to Emma who appears to be grinning widely at the sight of her son and I.

"Your moms right, she's not evil. She's wonderful Henry, these dreams and storybook fairytales are not real kid, they're just fairytales" I coo as I caress his cheek. "Come on, ill put you to bed and tell you a story" he nods and leaps from the chair dragging Emma with him. She melts my heart already how close she is with him.