Part 28.

Regina Mills

It's the weekend before Christmas, and Emma and I still have a few more bits to pick up for Henry and family. So we take this as an advantage and use it to get some alone time. Its very rare Emma and I have some alone time, she still lives with her parents, I live here with Henry and Zelena now so it's hard to get some privacy.

"Em, are you packed?" I yell up the stars, it's not like we need tonnes of clothes, just enough for the weekend. We plan on going to a nice romantic hotel.

"Almost" she shouts back.

I head to the kitchen where i see Zelena cooking for herself and her nephew. I feel guilty, she's only been here a week and we're already begging for alone time and leaving her to babysit, even though she insisted.

"Are you sure this is okay, Z?" I ask timidly for what seems to be the hundredth time. I just need to make sure.

She rolls her eyes and turns to me, "of course I'm sure, I'd like to get to know my little nephew properly, besides you and Emma need a break, have some fun little sis" she budges her shoulder against mine in a joking manner as she continues to chop the apple as she makes me a fruit salad for the journey.

"Thank you, I've missed having you around" I squeeze her forearm with a warm smile and head to the bottom of the stairs again. "Emma hurry up, Henry come say goodbye"

They both come running down the stairs at a pace I become worried they're going to miss a step and fall on their bum. They stop at the bottom of the stairs and Henry throws his arms around me squeezing me in the process.

"Henry are you sure you'll be okay with Aunty Z? Tell me now so it's not too late" I assure as I hook my fingers making him see the sternness in my eyes. If he decides he doesn't want us to go when it's too late then that's not too much I can do.

"No mom, I'm excited, aunty Z and I are going to bake some goodies for you, besides you'll be home soon enough" he grins warming my heart every time.

"Okay, be good, I love you okay" he reaches on his tiptoes indicating he wants a kiss before we go, so I bend down and kiss his temple softly. Emma engulfs him into a cuddle and says "I'll see you soon kiddo"

Zelena comes over to the door to wave us off, something about this seems as though they're very eager for us to go. "Goodbye sis, I love you" I hug my sister tightly embracing every moment because I never truly know when she's going to disappear again.

"Bye little sis, have fun" she waves as we walk down the drive and instantly without a minute wait for us to officially leave she slams the door shut.

"Let's go" I hold Emma's hand in mine and load the luggage into her silly yellow bug.

**********

Wow! This place is amazing, the hotel rooms are stunning, so modern and tiled. The bathroom is decorated to perfection and the bath will be fun for Emma and I given the face it's a jacuzzi bath tub. It's going to feel like heaven and I intent to make sweet heavenly love to her inside that tub and on every piece of furniture this weekend.

But I must not lose track of our true reasons for our vacation. We need to Christmas shop, I need to buy a few more things for Henry and now that my sister is here... I need to find her a gift.

We proceed to continue down the hall and our eyes lay upon the silver sitting area with crushed velvet sofas and glass coffee tables.

"Let's check out the bedroom" Emma beams with excitement. Obviously we need to check the bedroom, it needs to be perfect and romantic. I follow Emma to the door that leads to our unknown state of a bedroom.