Part 23.

Regina Mills:

Last night was the first night Emma and I actually spent the night together and didn't have sex, but it was nice. Finally I can wrap myself secure inside the women I love and just sleep all night with her knowing she will not leave me. She's my comfort for sure.

I roll over and stretch my arms out wide expecting to come to touch with a certain blonde, but I didn't. Where the hell is she? My eyes pry open as I scan the bright room for my girlfriend, but she's not there.

"Em?" I shout barely audible from my morning voice that she finds so sexy. I assume she's in the on suite bathroom but I didn't get a reply.

I soon hear a soft chuckle from downstairs from Henry, the sweet sound fills the ear and paints a smile across my loving face knowing Emma is down there with our son. Our little family. I throw on my gown and tip toe down the stairs making sure I'm not noticed, I can spy on my girlfriend and my son right? It's perfectly normal.

My lips seal closed as I attempt to steady my breathing. I hide behind the wall earwigging on their conversation.

"Mom..." Henry softly asks and I know there's a question to follow. He's always doing this, especially when he wants to know something.

"Yes sweetie" Emma announces over the sizzling of the frying pan.

"Why did you run out when I told you it was true loves kiss?" My eyes widen at his question because this has been on my mind too, but I stopped thinking about it now, although I'd still like to know the answer.

"Because... I don't know... I guess I refused to believe that a pretty women like your mom would ever love me, but also I guess I was hiding my true emotions too"  she mumbles but I know her words are sincere. Emma isn't a women to give her heart out to people so I'm grateful that she has done so with me. Letting out her true emotions is difficult so it's cute that she's talking to Henry about this.

"So you love mom now? Like 100%? I know you said yesterday, but I want to make sure, mom is changing and I know you love each other but...I just don't want you to leave" he whispers but it's perfectly loud enough for me to hear from the hallway. I can hear the concern in his tone too, because I don't want her to leave either, but I know she has my back and I have hers forevermore.

"More than anything. Always and forever so don't worry Henry, I'm not going anywhere" I peer around the corner to see Emma cupping his cheeks and placing a loving kiss to his temple.

"I can see that mommy loves you too, she's happy" he grins.

"He's right" I catch their attention as I move around from the wall acting as a barrier between Emma and I. Emma blushes slightly knowing she's not a women to let out her true emotions.

"Was you... eavesdropping?" Emma asks with widened eyes. She wonders back the bacon in the pan and flips the succulent food over but still her eyes never once leave mine.

"Maybe" I shrug.

"Mommy that's naughty" Henry pipes up with his cold stare.

"Sorry kiddo" I laugh and wonder over to kiss him softly. I then wonder around the island and rope my arms around Emma's waist and kiss her lips passionately.

"Gross" Henry whispers covering his eyes earning Emma and I to pull away at his silly actions. We laugh lightly at our 10 year old son and both attack him with tickles and kisses. "Stop! Mom... no" he laughs trying to control himself.

We finally leave him be and Emma finished breakfast, one we all sit together for our first family meal as a family, with nothing but love.

***********