Part 6.

Regina Mills:

My fingers strum against my office desk as I look through my work files to see if there's anything I can do to distract myself, time is passing so slowly and the anticipation is tarring me apart. I can't take it anymore. I still have 2 hours left of pure torture, playing the waiting game. Why does Emma even want to speak to me? I'm a fool for even assuming she may have liked me. Idiot.

"Hey mom, I came to get the keys, I need to get a few things from home but ruby will take me and then we will go back to the diner until you finish work" he smiles strolling through the door.  I try busy myself, I actually have no reason to be at work, but again I'm left chasing every word Swan says, wanting to actually here what she has to say whether I like it or not. "Are you okay?" He asks as he sees my panic. Damn this kid is smart.

"I'm fine dear, don't worry about me" I cup his cheek and hand him the keys. "Don't lose them okay"

"Okay mom" I return to my work files, maybe I can start the finance papers for next week and get the stock orders ready for each store to pass the tortuous time. That way Henry will believe I actually have important work to do. "I'll be back soon"

"Henry, could you bring the box of Apple turnovers that are on the kitchen table please, I'm peckish" I smile to which he nods in agreement and walks out the door.

To every tick of the clock my heart thuds again and again for what's to come. I hate that I can't control my feelings over this pathetic blonde. I want to hate her to make everything a whole lot easier, but something about her just stops me from hating her and I don't know what it is. Henry soon returns with my Apple turnovers and my keys before scurrying to the diner to finish his homework.

7.59pm. The small hand ticks away second my second leaving me more anxious by the minute. God save me. 8.00pm and there's no sign of Emma, maybe I should just pack up and leave. However, it's been seconds, I should give her a chance I guess.

8.10pm and the door finally opens leaving a blonde lingering in the doorway.

"Punctual as ever Miss Swan" I mock rolling my eyes. "Do come in"

"Re...Madam Mayor, I hate this thick tension between us. I'm sorry I ever led you on and encouraged you to kiss me, I realise now it was a mistake" she says while shutting the door with eye contact making her words all that more painful. I feel the fire rising through my body.  Rage swimming through my blood stream and pain coursing through my veins. Oh how I wish to be the evil queen Henry is always talking about, i wouldn't hesitate to rip her heart out and crush it right before me. "I'm sorry"

I paint my brave face and smile. "Apology accepted" I lie. There's not a chance in hell she can do this to me, break my broken heart. Give me hopes to rip them away again. Come so close to Henry and I to leave us.

"Wow, that was easier than I thought" she huffs in relief, easy is an understatement. What she is about to get is not easy.

"Would you care for a drink Miss Swan?" I ask raising from my desk chair, anything from distracting my trembling knees and angry blood boiling. She nods and takes a seat upon the sofa. I wonder over to the mini bar and pour two Apple ciders, and plate the Apple turnovers, then my plan hit me. I have everything I ever need in this office. I open a draw and find the perfect secret ingredient for the Apple turnovers, to cure my broken heart and to ease my evil thoughts on slowly harming this blonde. Food poisoning, just the trick. I sprinkle the liquid over the Apple turnovers and carry the two drinks and the plate skilfully over to the coffee table.

"Thanks" she accepts the drink and downs the Apple cider quicker than I could blink.

"Thirsty Miss Swan?" I smile. All an act.