Part 4.

Emma Swan:

"Why did you ask me to stay? You hate me" I state the obvious as we sit on the sofa side by side, turned a 45 degree angle so we're slightly face to face. Regina crosses her leg over her other making sure to remain lady-like and not expose anything beneath her skirt that truthfully I wouldn't mind to 'accidentally' see.

"Hate is a strong word Miss Swan, I simply just don't like you, we have our differences but we haven't started on the right path, so I'm giving you a chance" she smirks like she will get her way, whatever it is she's wanting.

"Giving me a chance for what?" I question.

"Look, Swan... it's clear you don't like me, but I don't care... Henry wants you here and I can't just ship you away and forbid you from returning to Storybrooke, as much as I'd like to, I need Henry to stop seeing me as an evil queen, it kills me." She says with her sorrowful eyes falling to her hands that she nervously plays with. "It's just upsetting to have my own son hate me, it needs to change. So if that means you'd ticking around and getting to know him, then so be it"

I can see the pain across her face, she's really hurt from what Henry thinks of her, and truthfully, I don't see an evil queen right here before me. I see a beautiful, sexy women who is the mayor of town and gives Henry everything he needs, she's a good mother, and a better mother than I'd ever have been for Henry. I reach across the metre distance and place my hand on hers for moral support. Instantly I feel a shock of electricity running from her body to mine making my hand jerk away.

"Hey, you're not evil, and Henry knows that. You don't need to prove anything Regina..."

"Madam Mayor" she corrects me. I chuckle to myself and roll my eyes.

"Sorry, madam mayor" I throw her a smile and she soon returns the gesture. "Anyway, Erm... thank you"

She gives her usual courtesy nod and raises her glass, i also lift my half full glass and clink against madam mayors. "To second chances"

"Indeed" she smiles. "Miss Swan..." she starts, however judging by the tone of her statement, she's clearly worried or concerned about something, she either fears what's to come or she's just curious.

"Hmmm" I turn my attention back to the drop dead gorgeous brunette in front.

"Can I ask you something?" She ask as our eyes meet.

"Of course, anything."

"What do you see in me?" She asks nervously. "I mean, why are you being nice to me, considering I've threatened you and not been the nicest"

"I see a second chance, everybody deserves one, and it's up to you how you take this chance, because you only get so many in life. And I guess I'm nice to you because you taken care of my son when I couldn't. I gave my own son up for closed adoption and it's the worst thing I've ever done, but I'm entirely grateful that he ended up with you, you've given him his best chance in life, which is just what I wanted for him." I smile wholeheartedly at the women in front. "So for that, I thank you, I'm always in your debt"

"It's my pleasure, honestly, I've always needed someone to see me for me, and nobody sees the best in me but Henry. However lately, he's been off with me and it kills me. I've always needed someone to love me, and someone to love, so I thank you Emma" she smiles. And boy the way she says my actual name gets every limb of my body throbbing.

"Miss Swan" I tease her, trying to correct her but actually it doesn't matter what this women calls me, anything sounds so beautiful when it comes from her. "I'm kidding, call me what you like"

"You're not as intimidating as I though Miss Swan, you're actually quite nice" she smiles drinking the last of her wine. Her plump red lips staining the edge of her glass.