Part 39

Regina Mills:
Another Week alone in this silent town. Being back in Storybrooke is all I ever wanted, I didn't want to waste my time in Neverland rescuing the girlfriend stealing pirate and the girlfriends baby daddy. But there I was, busting all my effort and devotion for that girl, to be thrown against the curb and cheated on.

I thought being home will be easier, but at least in Neverland it was easy to walk away. Snow is still so caring, coming to check how I am because she truly cares for me and admits what Emma done, was in fact wrong, but she swears that Emma never wanted to kiss him, that it was all that loser and that Emma misses me.

How can I just forgive and trust her again though? This week has without a doubt been the worst. Henry has sensed our distance, because although she has the confidence of us getting back together... she hadn't fetched any of her belongings from my house. I told her to leave but still she leaves everything here and stays with her precious mother. Henry has been flipping to and from between our houses and I see how this is affecting him. He just wants us all to be together again, under one roof, a family.

How do I grin and bare this though? How do I pretend like everything is ok. I walk these dusty streets seeing everyone smiley, even captain guy liner but gosh, I want to smack that smirk off his sly little smug face. He makes my blood boil. Neal, he can be bearable, after all he isn't after Emma, he just wants a relationship with his son. Can I blame him? No.

I just wish this never happened. It was our anniversary, it was supposed to be special. I was supposed to make her my .... my wife.

I guess it's what I deserve though right? I shouldn't have such high hopes to see a future full with love, lust, family. I will never have a happy ending, the sooner I see that, the soon I can come to terms with this.

I cannot found the amount of times I have checked my phone just hoping for a message from her. A call from her. But ... nothing, it's as though she doesn't even care. I've wrote so many messages to her but I can't find the decency to press send, so instead I just delete it all and stick with my misery.

The chimes above the door ring and as usual, like I have the past week, I whip my head to the door at an alarming pace, anyone would think desperate to see someone, pfftttt me... never, but then i would be lying. I crave to see her face, but I haven't.

"Everything okay Regina? You look a little disappointed" my sister sasses as she walks in with her sexy strut, dressed in a tight black dress... wait a second.

"Is that my dress?" I gasp as I skim her outfit, why does she look so glammed up to come to granny's diner.

"I asked you something first, still missing Emma?" She asks as she sits beside me. I clutch my coffee tighter and let the heat travel through the pot to heat up my hands, and give me that little more comfort to proceed with this conversation. I just take a deep breaths and sigh while nodding my head in agreement. "You need to speak to her, call her"

"I can't just call her Zelena" I remove my hands from the cup to run them over my tired eyes, I'm practically sleep deprived because every time my eyes shut I see her. But to distract myself, I signal Ruby to come over ready to take my next order. "Another coffee please"

"You can't just sit in here and drink coffee all day everyday Reg, it's disturbing" she judges, but let me cope with this my own way. I'll get over her soon enough.

"More espresso, less depresso" I roll my eyes and sip my new hot cup of coffee. It's what keeps me awake, stops me from seeing her, but maybe I only see her because I need to in reality. Maybe I need to see her. "Now why are you here, in my dress, looking so nice?"