Part 16.

Emma Swan:

It's been 3 weeks since Regina left me, I don't even know why I'm so furious because we didn't even make it official, it just hurts so much. We finally admitted we loved each other, I let myself become vulnerable and I opened up to her to the point we had sex and I was falling madly for her, and then the very next day she just dumps my ass to the curb. I should have seen this coming, I went to gold to know what Regina was like, so I had an understanding ding of her last, so I knew the real her, but still I pushed past it all and believed in her... but why didn't she believe in us.

I couldn't sit hurting and longer, it's about time I get back to work and back to my lonely, miserable life. Ruby says Regina is almost back to her normal life, stressed, bossing everybody in this town around but apparently she's happy and sassy again, I can clearly see our feelings we're all one-sided.

I walk into the sheriff station and try my hardest to stay head strong and focus on my work, having Cora and Killian here is frustrating and hard, we need to find a plan to stop them, but how do we do that without the most powerful women we know; Regina.

Cora and Hook have been keeping a low profile for this whole time, and I can only assume they're planning their attack, so we must do the same.

***************

"People, Cora is my mother and I assure you I will make sure she doesn't hurt anybody in this town, I know nobody here trusts me from my past, but I want to do what's best for my family" Regina yells through the town hall during the town meeting, everyone is gathered in the room and I remain hidden and quiet at the back. She hooks Henry into her embrace as she holds him tight indicating that he is the 'family' she wants to protect. "I know I've been evil, but I want to change, for Henry" her eyes gaze around the room and instantly fall upon mine. "And I won't let anything happen to you" She says through the town suggesting it to be plural meaning she won't let anything happen to anybody here, but the way her eyes narrow at me and her shoulders slump in defeat it almost seems like she's talking to me. "I will no longer be the evil queen if you trust me"

"Pfft yeah right, how do we not know you're just buttering us up to then stab us in the back" Leroy yells over the crowd, I swear he will not live her past down. "Yeah" members shout along still not believing in her.

"My mother is changing, please give her a chance" Henry pleads over the untamed crowd, no matter how sincere she is nobody has faith in her, after all what she's done to me, I still have faith in her, I believe she can protect us all and she will overcome her tormenting past.  Everyone is still yelling and screaming at her but they all become silenced as the doors slam open.

Everyone creates a path for the person who entered the room, it's Cora. She walks elegantly down the aisle we all created and walks towards Regina. Regina instantly rushes in front of Henry and guards him with all her life, but I need to be up there with her, I am sheriff of this town, so I too need to protect anybody I can, and Henry is my son. I shuffle through the crowd quietly not letting Cora or Regina noticing me at the front.

"Regina join me?" Cora coldly husks as she holds her hand out to Regina.

"Are you out of your mind mother, absolutely not" she huffs with annoyance. "You must be crazy to think after all this I can join you"

"I do think you will, because I will give you this" She hands up a potion with a tranquillising blue sloshing around in the clear glass. What is that? I think but Regina is quick to ask the same question. "It's a potion that will allow you to talk with the dead, I still have his heart so you will be able to see Daniel and speak with him, I know this is what you want Regina"