Chapter 2

It was a typical day for Katrin Dane, paperwork occupied her table. She is the boss but that didn't mean she's free from work, in fact, she likes to do everything on her own to make sure it was perfect and all the deals pull through. She barely has a life outside her company apart from her father, Katrin was alone. She doesn't have a friend or even a bestfriend all she has are business acquaintances that she knows from all the different business meeting she had attended. Her father even told her to go find a friend or even better a boyfriend, she's not getting any younger and sooner or later she will need someone to depend on according to him. But Katrin being Katrin only shrugged and continued living a successful but lonely life.

Kris was running late for an interview that day, she was applying to different companies since she had just finished her Masters in International business relation. One of the companies she went for was Dane's Financial, keeping her fingers crossed she entered the building and went straight to the receptionist and said, "Good morning, I'm Kris Smith and I'm due for an appointment regarding the managerial position." The receptionist was a young woman and was eyeing her up and down, after a couple of seconds she stands up and said, "You're late but lucky you everyone arrived late as well, go inside and someone will come in to interview you. Good luck!" Will, here it comes.

Katrin was having one big bad day, first she missed an important business call, then her driver got her car crash to a pole luckily she wasn't inside, then there's her father pushing her into finding a boyfriend or he will arrange her to a family friend, as if having someone will make things better Katrin thought to herself. She was 37 and successful with everything that she does what more can you ask for?. There are some days though when she isn't doing anything, having a family comes to her mind, she has a big mansion that can house a dozen or more kids, a fortune that can feed them until they are old and sagging, but it seems that she was destined to be alone. After being broken for the first time she totally closed herself from love. Katrin was so not having a  good day, so after signing everything and telling her assistant everything that is needed to be done, she quickly exited her building and keep on walking the street. It was night time but a lot of people are walking along the street. Katrin was just walking without any particular destination just observing her surroundings until a bright light sign catches her attention. Looking closer it was a bar named Destiny, weird name for a bar Katrin thought. She was hesitant at first but thinking about her day and everything about her life, she pushed herself inside and went straight to the bar. Katrin ordered a martini and settled herself on a bar stool, after being handed with her drink she looked around and was impressed to see different art hanged around the wall and the striking red-colored chairs that every table have. The place looks sophisticated but not that uptight, snobbish, pricey sophisticated look, it's just inviting.

Kris couldn't believe it, she got the job, she fucking got a high paying job from one of the well-known company. The interviewer was confused at first because of her look, she was sporting a suit that fitted her well and matching black shoes, they thought Kris was a man so she had to explain herself and thank God the company isn't homophobic. They were impressed by Kris' academic track as well as her long list of experience from working in different industries, she fitted the position perfectly. She called her mother and father and told them the news they were happy for her, then she called her besfriend, Len. Len is short for Leonor, she heated the name because according to her it smells bad as if you could smell a name. They decided to celebrate and go to a Destiny, a bar they frequented since they used to work there as waitresses. Kris was having a good day and maybe an even wonderful night if she was lucky.

Katrin was enjoying herself downing 3 glasses of martini she was loosening herself a little. Scanning around she saw different people from all walks of life, some were in formal attire and some were just casual looking. After a bit of looking nothing seems to attract her attention so she continued on minding her own business and ordered tequila shots to loosen herself more. 3O minutes later Katrin was tipsy, she wasn't drunk she's just a bit out there. Katrin was about to stand up when a person walks behind her, she looks up and was met by the most amazing pair of blue eyes she wasn't sure if it was the lighting or what but she was hypnotized, she couldn't look away.

Kris and Len entered the bar and Len being a nice friend ordered for them tequila shots. They downed it as if it was water, perks of working at a bar you developed a high tolerance for alcohol. after the tequila was hone Kris decided to get them beers, she went to the bar and stand behind a brunette. Looking down Kris saw the face of a goddess, it took her breath away looking at those mesmerizing green eyes. After catching herself Kris cleared her throat and that got the brunette out of her trance. They stared at each other face for a while and then Kris tried to play it cool and introduce herself, "Hi! I'm sorry for standing behind you I swear I'm not a perve I was just about to order a drink and I was standing here-- " Kris rambled out and the brunette just laughed at her words, after a while the brunette apologized, "Sorry for laughing you were just talking too much and I'm sure with your looks I can clearly see you're not a perve" then she smiled. Kris just stares at her smile and thought, God her smile can make even the hardest steel on earth melt. After a while of looking like a fool Kris decided to introduce herself, "I'm K, nice to meet you Miss??" the brunette looked at her and extended her hand, "I'm Rain". Kris knows that wasn't her real name same as her the brunette probably doesn't like for strangers to know her name. So accepting everything Kris decided to sit by the brunette and drink with her. They keep on talking about anything and everything as long as the conversation don't die out. After an hour of talking and not so discreetly looking at each other's lips, Kris decided to ask, "Wanna get out of here?"