Chapter 18

Kris' POV

I keep on walking not knowing exactly where to go, I just wanna air out all this pain and understand what the hell happened.

I know we agreed on not letting anyone know about our marriage but does she really have to deny me? I'm the fucking father of the child she's carrying, I may not be as successful and as rich as she is but she could have given me some credit for being the other parent.

Looking around I could see I'm at a park, there are not much of people around probably because it's the middle of the day. Sitting at a nearby bench I reach for my phone and dialed the only person that can maybe cheer me up, besides Andy.

"What's wrong?" the person answered almost immediately

"wow! that's how you greet people that call?"

"Okay then, Hello sir how may I be of service?"  the person spoke with what I can call a fake British accent

"you could start by dropping the accent, you sound like a sheep getting hit by a car" I answered back already having a laugh.

"Oh! but I love me some accent! you know normal is boring mate" she talks back with a sort of Scottish accent, I think.

"God I miss you!" I said after having a hysteric laugh. This person sure knows how to lighten my load.

"I miss you too, I wish I could visit you soon but--"

"but work's holding you up. I understand" I said with a sigh cutting her off.

"What's with the sigh then?"

"Things are just not running smoothly for me and you know workload and stuff. I just want to breathe for a while" I said avoiding the real problem.

"you know things will not always go as we wish it to be. Sometimes we need to understand that life gives us situations that may look difficult but actually is something to build us more character." 

"I wish you didn't leave, I could use your famous hot chocolate right now to brighten my mood"

"I promise to make you one as soon as I visit. I really miss you and I know you want some hug right now"

"Yeah, you always know how to cheer me up. Anyway I better hang up, I know you have a lot of work to do and I know I'm becoming a bother" 

"Hey, you're never a bother, remember that. I'm always a call away whenever you need me. I love you, okay! Never forget that" the person said with determination.

"I know and I love you too. I better get going, I'm hungry and my lunch break will soon end" I said feeling a little better.

"Okay, be safe, okay? Bye." the person said hanging up.

Talking to this person helps to ease my mood a little. I couldn't actually spill my guts to this person since I promise that no one will know about this marriage.

I didn't move from my seat and tried to soak in some sun to maybe alleviate this feeling. Looking around I spotted a father and son at a nearby swing, they seem to be enjoying themselves, Andy loves to play at the park every time I take him. 

I can't help but think if my kid with Katrin will grow up having a normal life, probably not because of Katrin's status. I don't really have a say to anything with life so far.

Having enough strength to stand, I decided to walk to Len's cafe. Maybe that goof can cheer me up more and shed some light into my situation.

Entering the cafe the pleasant smell of coffee welcomed me, this place gives you the homy feel that I surely needed now. Len spotted me and quickly ran to me.