Chapter 11

Kris' POV

What on earth are they talking about? Who's his in-law? Am I part of this conversation? How can faith be so god damn cruel, first sleeping with my boss next eating with the boss' father? and then being told that I'm the in-law? I'm not even married! This is really not my day, God! why can't the earth just swallow me whole? 

Damn, I'm having a headache from all these thinking. Where is Andy anyway?

Looking around I spotted Andy talking to Terry and giggling from whatever it is they're talking about  not too far from us. Apparently, me, my boss and my boss' father have been standing in a bit of a secluded area outside the building and I think they are having a discussion of some sort. 

I don't even remember walking to this spot, I think my mind has been floating from everything. Giving my focus back to them I realize they are arguing, I think.

"Dad I told you I will tell her first before you can go and flash these things towards her" Boss lady said to her father

"Sweetheart there's no harm in what I am doing. I didn't harass Kris we just accidentally bump into each other that's why we're here" Kristoff said

"Still, you're forcing her into something that she doesn't even have any idea about"the boss lady replied

"Darling I don't think I'll be forcing her into something that she will not accept" Kristoff said sounding defensive.

"She doesn't even have any idea what we are arguing about. Dammit!" the boss said raising her voice.

Wow! Whatever it is that they are fighting about might be something big since its getting into their nerves and they both look frustrated by the looks of it. And it's also getting to me that I have something to do with it. but what could it possibly be?

"Dad! I told you to let me handle this since this all began from me" the boss lady said looking tired.

"Fine! I'm not getting involved until you two talk" Kristoff said with a raised hand.

"Thank you!" Ms. Dane said hugging her father.

Kristoff hugs her daughter back and I was left there still confused by everything that has happened. Andy calling for me broke me from my confusion state.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Andy screamed running towards me with Terry on his trail.

"What's wrong Andy bear?" I ask picking him up.

"Miss Terry saids that we could come with thems to Mcdonalds and I can have ice cream if I'm behaving" Andy said with so much excitement.

"But we just ate, remember? and I think your Nana will be coming soon to pick you up" I said tickling his chin which made him giggle.

"Pwease Daddy, pwetty pwease? Nana will not be here soon. She told me she has lots to do" Andy said with puppy dog eyes.

"Andy you know Daddy still has work to do and my break is almost over, we can't come with them" I told him and he pouts in return.

"Come on Kris an ice cream wouldn't hurt anybody and besides Andy and I still have a lot to talk about, right Andy?" Kristoff came to Andy's defense.

"He's right and I also want to have a chat with this little bear" Terry said ruffling Andy's hair which made Andy laugh.

"I really have to return to work. I'm slumped with data that needed to be sorted out" I said seriously to them. I really don't want any trouble at work.

"who's gonna fire you? you're with the boss" Kristoff said with pleading eyes. I'm really tempted to say yes especially since Andy's giving me his special puppy dog eyes but I really need this job, God It's hard!

"Come on Ms. Smith let's go. I'm really hungry and it's not good for my ba-- stomach to starve" the boss said stuttering a bit. She really looks tired I wonder what's wrong with her? Whatever it is I don't have any right to be concerned. She's my boss period.

I don't really have any choice here, the boss will always be the boss and I don't want to get fired so sighing I nodded yes to them. Andy cheered and had a huge smile while we're walking for the second time today to Mcdonalds.

I sat Andy down to my right side and Kristoff sat beside him while Terry was in front of Andy making the boss lady sit in front of me. Great! just great! I really need to avoid being in this situation but it seems whatever I do I always end up seeing her. 

"So what do you guys want?" Terry ask.

"I-IICE CREEAAAMMM!" Andy shouted. This kid has a passion for ice cream I tell you. Whenever he's upset I just give him a scoop of the sweet trait and all his sadness disappears.

"You sure do scream" boss lady commented with a smile. Wow! so she knows how to smile. She actually has a gorgeous.

"I-I sorry" Andy said looking down embarrassed.

"Hey, don't be upset I'm actually excited too but for the burgers and tomato sauce" the boss lady said with gentleness making Andy look up with a cute smile.

"Alright! Ice cream for the little cuteness over here a burger and lots of tomato sauce for the boss, what about you two?" Terry said asking Kristoff and me.

"I'm already full so nothing for me" I said smiling at Terry.

"Come on pick something, my treat" Terry said with a pout but I wasn't hungry so I shake my head no.

"We'll have coffee Terry, right Kris?" Kristoff said with authority making me nod my head. Damn! the Danes are really persuading people.

Terry went to the counter to order and I just sat still not moving at all. I'm afraid moving will get me in a lot of trouble so I just stay put while Kristoff and Andy chatter away. I dared to take a look at the woman in front of me and I was mesmerized that the boss lady was watching them with an amused smile

Terry came back with the food making Andy shriek with excitement seeing that he finally has his ice cream. We laugh at my son's goofiness.

Looking at the woman I had an eventful night with, I couldn't stop myself from feeling something towards her. It feels weird having her this close and yet couldn't do anything. I can never act on this attraction she's freaking rich while I'm just a freak.

I have to make sure to never see or bump into her again. I have to double my effort in avoiding her despite the attraction I feel towards her it will only lead to rejection and pain in the end.

"You eat like Daddy" Andy talking broke me from my inner dialogue.

"What do you mean?" the boss asks confused.

"Daddy like burger and lot of tomato sauce. She likes putting tomato sauce inside the burger and then dips it to tomato sauce after" Andy said while licking his ice cream.

"Women with babies in their stomach eat weird things Andy" Kristoff said to Andy.

Wait! babies in their stomach? My eyes went wide. Looking at her she also has a shocked look on her face. So. she's pregnant? could it possibly be? Kristoff did address me as his son or daughter in law. Could she really be pregnant with my kid? How on earth will this end up to be? 

Composing myself I ask the question that got me shaken up all of a sudden.

"Are you pregnant?" I ask the shakiness in my voice evident.

"Yes" she whispered.

"am I the father?" I ask again my nerves escalating at every second she doesn't answer.

"........"

"........"

"yes"