Chapter 9

Kris' POV

To say I was shocked was an understatement. Never in my wildest dream did I imagine sleeping with a powerful woman. She's on top of the corporate world and everyone who's anyone wants to work for her or be with her. 

 It feels like the world's playing a mean joke on me. How on earth will I focus on work properly when the woman who has been haunting my mind for the past couple of days is just above me and let's not forget the fact that she's my boss and the fucking owner of the company.  

But I can't deny she's a sight to behold. She's sophisticated, beautiful and her body screams perfection in every curve. Her face shows authority and her voice can tame even the wildest lion.

She did come off bitchy the way she spoke to me back at her office but I can never blame her, she is, in fact, my superior and the law in this company.

Why can life be normal for once? Why did I have to sleep with her? I could have approached a different woman then maybe this complication have been avoided and I don't have to feel stupid all of a sudden.

Sighing I buried myself in work to help me forget. I don't need any more distraction in life and I definitely don't need to be in trouble with my boss, I need this job and I don't want to waste all the effort and hardship I had to undergo just to be here. 

_______

A month had passed since me knowing who my boss was. I made sure to stair clear of her way as much as possible. I would always find a different route whenever I see her walking near. Whenever I have to present my financial report I would make sure to be serious and believable as I can but I would never look at her. 

On another note, some of my co-workers had been inviting me to lunch and I always decline since I like spending that time with Andy. My mom works a few blocks from my office building so when it's time for lunch I would pick up Andy from her and we would eat at a park or dinner, whatever Andy wants.

Working at Dane's Corporation was quite hectic from financial report and budget report that needed to be done on time, to different meetings with different department and sometimes different company managing to give them a real up to date spending report. Life could never be calm at all.

Luckily for me, I have Andy to take my mind out the funk of work. He's my little charmer always smiling to bystanders or to waitresses when we eat out. He's gonna be a ladies man growing up I think.

I have to submit this report and then get to lunch since Andy will be waiting for me and will probably have a lot of stories about his day, a life of a 2-year-old always rainbows and butterflies or for Andy, Teddy bears and candies.

Gathering my stuff I exited my office and went to the elevator and waited. Entering the lift I observe a man standing on the right side, he was a bit pale. Me being nosy as ever approach the guy and ask

"excuse me sir but are you alright?"

"Yes, just a bit light headed" the man answered

"are you sure? you look pale sir"

"I'm good. just a bit hungry but I don't like to eat when alone"

Now I could be a douchebag and say he could call someone to accompany him or I could be a nice person and invite him to eat with us. I know his a complete stranger but I really don't like people missing their meals especially old ones. I think Andy wouldn't mind, he likes meeting new people.

"excuse me sir, but if you want you can eat with us"

"Pardon?" he said being skeptical

"I mean, I know it sucks eating alone with no one to talk to and it's boring and lonesome, so I'm inviting you to eat with my son and I. If you want to that is"

He looks at me as if I was crazy and I think he's weighing his options. As the elevator door opened he looked at me and smiled then said,

"okay"

"great!!, we just have to get my son from my mother and then we can eat"

Going outside the building I was meet by a ball of energy.

"Daddy!! Daddy!!" Andy shouted.

"what are you doing here?? I was supposed to pick you up" I said bending down so I can hug him

"I was going to pick up some ingredients for the bakery so I decided to just take Andy to you. I was going to call you but hey this works perfectly" my mom said. I just nod.

"I have to go honey, Bye Andy, be good, okay?" Mom said walking fast. She must be in a hurry.

Andy talking to someone made me look for him. I found him and the elevator man I met talking just a few inches away from me.

"Hi!" the man said to Andy

"Hello! do you know daddy?" Andy replied

"Yap! he's my friend, we just met back at the elevator. He said I could join you for lunch"

"Cooool!! I have a new fwiend to talk to, 'cause sometimes daddy falls asleep when I keep on talking and talking, he says he's resting his eyes but I know he's sleeping" Andy blabbered.

To my surprise, my new found friend laugh a belly bending laugh. Andy can sure make every situation entertaining to anyone.

"Maybe he's just resting his eyes, old people like to do it even me"

"weally??? so I can do it when I'm old? Cooool!!"

My friend nods his head and I step in so we can live and eat at a near Mcdoanlds.

"Come on let's go you two. Is Mcdonald okey for you____??" I ask.

"I'm Kristoff by the way and it's good, I could eat anything," Kristoff said

We went inside the store and I ordered the food. Kristoff insisted on paying but I told him it's on me since he would stick around and hear my kid's un-ending stories and since he's my new friend. It's always good to meet someone new.

After we have eaten everything and Kristoff and Andy having their discussion about God knows what we headed out of the store.

"So Kristoff it was nice meeting you and thank you for hearing everything Andy had to say"

"it's really not a problem. I like children and soon will be a granddad, so it's a practice for me"

"Goodluck with that! and thank you much for having the patience for my little chatterbox here"

Andy let go of my hand and hud Kristoff's legs and said, "Thank you, Mr. Kristoff!! Let's talk mowre next time, okay? "

"Of course!! I had fun with you two. It's been a while"

"Well, you can join us for lunch whenever you want and don't worry we don't always eat fast food. Sometimes we bring homecooked meals"

"Oh! I'll be counting on that, by the way, what's your name?"

I smiled we have been together for an hour and I didn't even introduce myself to him. How rude of me.

"It's Kris, Kris Smith" I extended my hand

"I'm Kristoff, Kris," he said shaking my hand

"Kristoff Dane"