Chapter 31

Katrin's POV

God, what have I done? After seeing Kris standing by the door and looking at me with hurt and anger on his eyes I immediately push Carl away and fix myself in hopes to follow Kris and stop her far running. I keep on pressing all the elevator door to open but it none was opening, after waiting for a lifetime I quickly went inside and push the ground button.

Exiting the lift I keep looking everywhere for any sign of Kris but I couldn't see her, I run outside and look at all directions in hope to see a running image but all I can see are people walking and minding their own business.

After hours of searching the premises, I decided to go back to my office to get my things and go home hoping that Kris is there already. Entering my office I didn't see Carl was still waiting for me.

"Kat, what happened?" he questioned me but I continued gathering my things and not paying him any attention.

"Kat, look at me, What's wrong with you?" he said holding my wrist forcing me to look at him.

"You! you're what's wrong! I don't wanna see you or even hear from you anymore again!" I said pulling my wrist out of his grasp forcefully.

"What? why? I thought we're gonna patch things up and start over again? we were good until you run off somewhere I don't know" she said holding both of my shoulders making me look at him again.

"I don't want you anymore! I was happy before you force yourself back to my life again. I was just lost, stress and depress  and you use that to get your way with me again!" I said slapping him hard on the face.

" I didn't force myself on you, you came to me willingly!" he countered.

"That's because I thought you just wanted friendship and nothing more! I HATE YOU! Now get out before I call the cops on you" I said slapping him more.

"I'm never letting you go, Katrin! Mark my word! I'll have you no matter what" he said before slamming my office door.

What have I got myself into? I don't know myself anymore. After crying for so long I've decided to finally go home luckily I have a driver because I don't think I could drive in this state. Sitting on the backseat I couldn't help but remember where everything started.

Flashback

 I was surprised to see Carl, I haven't seen him since the day he told me he wanted to put an end on our relationship. I admit at first I had been angry at him for letting everything go just like that. Three years of being together and he just left me there alone but as time flies so as my hate for him vanishes slowly.

I understand everything was too much for him back then, we were young and was planning on getting married and raising a family together, we were sure of what we wanted but things got out of hand until we slowly lost each other.

"Earth to Kat?" Carl shake me, we are in a restaurant having lunch. He invited me out when he went to visit me at the office to catch up.

"still spacing out are we?" he commented smiling at me.

"Yeah, it happens"I replied shortly.

"so how are you? any husband? boyfriend?" he started questioning me after a couple of minutes of silence.

"None" I answered him, I wasn't lying I didn't have a husband nor a boyfriend because I have a wife but he doesn't need to know that.

"Why? someone as pretty as you should have men lining up to grab your attention" he said.

"Maybe they didn't see the line" I joke seriously making him laugh.

"the same old Katrin Dane, the cold and ruthless wolf of the business world" he said after laughing.