Chapter 48

Katrin's POV

Carl and I are currently seated in a corner table inside a restaurant. I'm seated in front of Carl with arms cross and an angry face getting impatient at this. What on earth does he want to talk about? Does he really want to ruin my perfectly perfect life now?

"It's her, isn't it?" Carl said smiling smugly at me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him coldly.

"the one you're in love with" he said making.

"you're talking nonsense Carl" I said maintaining my cold stance.

"come on Kat, we've been together for three years and have known each more than that so  I know how your face looks like when you love someone" he said smiling softly at me.

"Carl I didn't come with just so you can fry on my private life" I said trying to stand up from the table.

"Wait! Okay, just sit back down and I'll tell you why I wanted to talk about" Carl said holding my wrist making me stop moving.

"Get straight to the point Carl, Now!" I said sitting back down and deepening my voice.

"Okay, so last night I went on a date since you know, you told me that you already have someone and I'm happy for you" he said smiling.

"then?" I said getting impatient.

"then while we were waiting for our food I decided to go and have a pee" he said.

"Carl, just say it already, I don't need to know about you having a pee" I said looking disgusted.

"Relax Kat, so as I was washing my hand I heard a woman's voice inside one of the cubicles" he continued saying.

"Maybe they were you know?" I said to him.

"No, they were just talking and so I was going to silently exit the room when Dane's Corporation was said by a male voice. So I got curious, I went inside the cubicle next to them and quietly listened in, a woman said about them being more careful because they might get caught and about some new faces snooping around the building. The man said they won't ever get caught because she knows you're too naive to investigate the past especially considering that he had worked his whole life there. They exited the stall after a couple more minutes and the man said 'just do what you're currently doing Elizabeth', and I heard the door opened and close. I immediately went out and saw the man, I remembered him as Mister Brown who had worked for your father, I recognize him from when we were together and I was visiting you at work" Carl said explaining everything.

"Wait! wait! wait! You're telling me that Mister Brown is behind everything?!!!" I said shock at this revelation.

"Yeah and that Elizabeth woman, I just don't know her last name though" he said drinking some wine.

"Are you sure about this Carl?" I ask not really believing everything he said.

"Positive, you can even check with the restaurant" he said seriously.

"Okay, I'll do just that. Thank you Carl" I said smiling softly at him

"Kat, you shouldn't be ashamed of loving her" Carl said reaching for my hand.

"Carl it's my private life" I said sighing but not removing my hand.

"I know Kat, I know how you value your reputation and achievements in life but loving someone is one of the most amazing things you could ever experience in life so don't let anyone's opinion about who you're supposed to love matter. Remember when we were together I would always make sure that I know where you are or who you're with, I didn't give you any trust even a little bit and I felt so little with you being all high up there and me down here. You know Kat she already gave you her trust when she made you be with me without asking any question or doubt. She trusted you enough to make the right decision for yourself meaning she isn't selfish with her love for you. She's willing to bet anything she has just for you to be happy and that's what I'm not when we were together. So Katrin Dane a piece of advice from your ex, go get your woman because none other matters" Carl said smiling hugely at me.