Chapter 5

Katrin's POV

Sitting in my office my mind began to wonder to yesterday's events. Waking up to a complete stranger was new to me, in fact, it was something I would never do if I was sane and level-headed. I wouldn't say I completely regretted sleeping with him. He was good in bed, I didn't feel forced in fact I was pampered. He was gently and passionate with me and even ask it was too much. 

If only we have met in different circumstances I would like to get to know him better and maybe we could work.

Who am I kidding it could never work. It never with Carl so why on earth will it work with him. 

 He never even give me his real name, all he said was he was K. I know that wasn't even his real name. 

I should really stop thinking of that night. It was just a one-time thing, no attachment necessary. It didn't mean anything, we were just drunk and lonely and needed company.

I was broken from my internal dialogue by my assistant Terry, "Kat, here are your schedule for today and the papers that need your signature, and Oh! a new financial manager was hired, she's young 27 but according to HR she is well equipped for the job and has a lot of experience despite the young age."

"What happened to the old one?" Terry looked at me dumbfounded and said, "Kat do you not remember? Mr. Brown retired last month, we even gave him a party that you attended." 

Wow, I was really out of my mind, literally. I can't even remember a party that I attended. Where has my head gone to??

"oh..."

"What's wrong?? you seem to be out of it?" 

Terry is what you can sort of call my bestfriend, she knows everything about me and sometimes gives advice regarding situations I can't handle especially on my personal life. I don't have time to mingle and her being my assistant makes us spend time together more.

"Nothing, there's just so many things happening and you know about my dad's demand"

"Kat I know you, you're not one to follow anyone's demand and you're certainly not gonna be that distracted for nothing" Wow! she really knows me very well.

"I don't know really"

"you know you can tell me anything and I won't tell anyone, right?"

With a sigh, I told Terry everything that happened. She was silent while I was telling her every detail.

After I finish she was just staring and then....

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OOOOH MMMYYY GOOOOD!! I'M SOO HAPPY FOR YOU! I thought you were living a life of chastity you know. You were so focused on work and work only. Whoever that guy is probably did you good since you can't stop thinking of him" she said smirking.

"ughhhh....!!"

"What's wrong? Did she hurt you?"

"No"

"then, what's wrong?"

"It's just I miss it you know?"

"You miss him?"

"No, I don't think so. It's just... I miss the rawness of his touch, the passion, the intimacy, the... I don't know. I think I'm lost"

"you're not lost. You're just realizing that you needed someone after all"

"Maybe you're right, I do need someone."

"Of course I'm right! but you just need a simple someone. You need someone that can take of you, someone that can see through you and you specifically need someone that can handle all of you"

"You make it seem that I'm a hand full"

"No, You're just to preoccupied to bother about anything especially yourself"

I look at Terry and realized she was right. I tend to value other people's future rather than my self which leads me to become alone and lonely. But I can't just put everything on hold for me to find someone. A lot of people are leaning on me to grow this company, I can't just abandon them and walk out.

Terry broke me from my thought again by clearing her throat.

"You know, Overthinking leads to nothing. For once do something for yourself, don't overthink everything and just live" she said winking and walked to the door but stop.

"Before I forget do you want me to send the new financial manager here tomorrow when she arrives or schedule another day for that? "

"Just send her in after you brief her about the works and what not, by the way, what's her name?"

"Kris Smith" she answered quickly enough

"that was a quick answer" I eyed her and saw that she was blushing

"What???"

"answer me" I keep on eyeing her until she finally breaks

"Fine!!! she's a lesbian and according to Mary from HR she is fuuuucking HOT!"

As obvious as it is Terry is a lesbian and according to her women are more good in bed than men based on her experience. 

I don't have anything against her sexuality nor do I have anything against the LGBT community. As long as she's happy we're good.

"well then, good luck with that"

She went out after that and I continued working and reading over papers after papers. I hope the new Manager works effectively and surely and won't stair any trouble.

Continuing on working I began to think of different questions about my decisions so far. Do I really need someone or I'm just to caught up in the moment due to my night of escapades? Am I really a lonely person? 

Signing I gathered my things and went home after a very progressive day. I hope tomorrow becomes one eventful day for me.