Chapter 41

Kris' POV

I left her there crying and sobbing, I know I'm an asshole for doing that but I'm just so tired of all of this. All this pint up emotions are getting the best of me and I can't control myself anymore. I gave all of me to her and yet it's still not enough.

It hurt me to know that she had cheated with her ex but it hurt me more seeing her cry over our relationship that seems to be crumbling more and more. I love Katrin so much and with that love comes sacrifice, I can't keep going on this when in the first place she can't even love me whole for who I'm entirely am.

"You okay?" Trish asked me as she drives us to my parents' house where me and Andy have been staying for the past week.

"Yeah, just tired" I lied.

"You know I can tell if you're lying, remember I'm your best friend?" she said patting my thigh with her hand that isn't driving.

"I just had a rough day that's all" I try to explain partly.

"did you and the boss talked?" she asked, she still doesn't know I'm actually married to the boss.

"yeah" I replied shortly.

"you know I think Miss Dane has a thing for you, the way she looks lovingly at you and how she glares at me every time she sees us together might vaporize me really. You should tap on that" she said laughing at her thought.

"I--" I couldn't even form a word now.

"Kris are you hiding something from me?" she said stopping the car at the side of an unknown road.

"nothing," I said looking out at the window

"Here I am thinking I'm your bestest best friend, your confidant, your half of life and yet you're hiding something from me. I didn't even know you already got married" she said swinging her arms around giving emphases on her words.

"I-I- how did you know I'm married?" I ask shock at her revelation.

"You're wearing a wedding ring and I can hear Andy ask about his mommy every time you two talk" she said with a sigh.

"Oh" was all that came out from me.

"come on tell me, you know I won't judge you or anything" she said patting my thigh.

"Okay, promise you won't judge me?" I said holding my pinky up.

"I promise" she said intertwining our pinkies.

"I got someone pregnant almost two years ago" I said looking down.

"how? you don't drink as far as I remember" she asks.

"I got drunk after I was hired at this job with Len, we wanted to celebrate which ended up to a lot of shots and me looking at the most mesmerizing pair of green eyes I have ever seen, we ended up in a hotel then you know did the deed and I wake up the next morning alone. Fast forward 1 month later I met the same woman only this time she told me I got her pregnant and with me growing up in a responsible family I choose to marry that woman, it was hard and a struggle marrying someone without love but somehow we just fell for each other" I completely explained to her.

"Wow! Don't you people heard of condoms? You know those rubber plastic thingy? sounds familiar?" she asks laughing a bit.

"It was a sudden impulse you know with alcohol in your system you can't really think straight" I explained my side.

"So where's your other kid then? Damn! I'm now an Aunt of two! I'm old" she said shaking her head.

"with her mother, I think it's best she stays with her for now. She can provide more and has a lot of resources to look after her. I don't mean that I'm abandoning my daughter, it's just what's good for now with this situation" I said with a sigh.