S.1 P13 (The Ring)

* * * * 

Betty and Jughead were looking around Thornhill for Jason's room. Jughead opened a door and smirked as he realised they finally found the right room.

A chill went through Betty's body as she entered the room.

"Is it me, or did the temperature just drop like it does in horror movies?" Betty asked. "It's just the icy chill of the dead" Jughead informed her.

"Where does a teenage boy hide things?" Betty questioned. "Under the mattress, maybe in the drawers, behind the headboard, in the closet." Jughead started going through Jason's drawers.

"Hello" a voice spoke causing Betty and Jughead to turn around and jump. They were shocked when they notice who the voice belonged to, Nana Rose.

"I'm so sorry. We were just leaving" Betty told her. "Oh, it's you. How lovely to see you again. Come closer, I want to get a good look at you" Nana Rose said.

"The horror, the horror" Jughead whispered.

Betty made her way over to Nana Rose. "Come closer, Polly, Dear." Betty froze as she looked at Jughead, before turning her attention back to Nana Rose.

"It's ni-nice to see you again too" Betty stuttered slightly before continuing. "I'm sorry it had to be under such terrible circumstances."

Nana Rose took Betty's hand, touching her fingers. "Well, of course you're not wearing it, bless." "Wearing what?" Betty asked confused.

"The ring, Polly." Betty looked at Jughead wide eyed and shocked.

"At first Jason was reluctant to give you the ring, he believed Rosalie should receive it. His obsession with that girl was unhealthy, unstable, the disappearance of that poor boy proves it. Rosalie is meant for someone else, someone who needs her, as she will need him" Nana Rose explained.

"The ring has been in the Blossom family for generations. You keep it close to your heart, always. But don't tell Penelope I gave it to you. Or she'll take it off your finger and give it to the one she believes deserves it, the one she obsesses over, Rosalie."

Betty gulped. "I'll keep it safe, I promise."

"Such a shame, I was looking forward to your wedding, it was the last thing I was living for. I lost a grandson, but you've lost the love of your young life. Poor child."

Betty had tears running down her face. "Excuse me. I have to- I can't do this." She ran off. Jughead ran after Betty.

The events replayed in his mind, all the information they received. Polly was engaged to Jason. Jason was obsessed with Rosalie, as are the rest of the Blossoms. Jason had something to do with Mickey's disappearance.

The one thing he kept thought of, did Mickey return and kill Jason? Or did Jason kill Mickey?

* * * *