S.1 P22: (Jughead's Birthday)

* * * *

Archie went searching for Jughead. He wanted to tell his best friend how he had a chance to get back together with his first girlfriend.

He went to the shed and saw Jughead sitting down. "Dude, Rose was dancing with me. Do you think she wants me back?"

Jughead looked at him with a glare. "Archie, as my blood brother, it was your sole responsibility to ensure that something like this never happened on my birthday. Now we're here, in the middle of a Seth Rogen movie. Or maybe we should classify it as a rom-com, considering you're chasing after your ex girlfriend, who is by the way, totally oblivious to the fact you cheated on her, with a teacher."

"Look, this was Betty's idea. I just went along with it" Archie replied causing Jughead to roll his eyes annoyed. "It's not me." Archie chuckled. "It doesn't matter Jughead, you're her boyfriend now." What does that even mean?" Jughead questioned causing Archie to let out a few chuckles. " It means you're getting a birthday party, whether you want one or not."

"Are you going to tell Rose what you did?" Jughead questioned. Archie sighed. "I want to,  but I know it will break her. She doesn't deserve that." Jughead scoffed. "She didn't deserve for you to cheat on her in the first place, yet you still did."

Archie looked at him confused. "Why do you care so much about her?"

"I don't know. Maybe because she doesn't care where I'm from, maybe because she treats me how she treats everyone else. She doesn't care what other people think of me, nor does she let their opinion corrupt or influence her." Jughead explained.

Archie was about to comment when a light knock on the door interrupted him.

The door opened and the person walked in. "Dad." Jughead stood up shocked to see his father, holding a present. "Happy birthday, Jughead."

"How are you, Mr Jones?" Archie asked as he stood beside Jughead.

"Happy to be here, celebrating with my son. I didn't realise you had so many friends" FP said.

"I don't. Fair warning, you're the only adult here" Jughead told him. "So I gathered. Where can I put this?" FP held out the present. "There's a table in the den" Archie explained.

FP nodded his head and turned to walk away, but Jughead stopped him. "Dad, how? Did Betty call you?" FP nodded his head. "Yeah, she came by too. She knows what she wants that one. I'll be back."

Jughead watched annoyed as his father left. "I'm going to go find Rose" Archie said, knowing Jughead wanted to be left alone.

Archie left the shed and went searching for Rosalie. He wanted to tell her he was still in love with her.

Unfortunately for Archie, the ex girlfriend he bumped into wasn't Rosalie, but Valerie. "Valerie, hey" he greeted. "I'm looking for Melody" she replied. "I'm looking for Rosalie" he told her.

Valerie rolled her eyes. "Of course you are." "Can we talk? I just wanted to say I'm sorry, for everything." he told her. "I broke up with you because I thought you were still in love with your ex girlfriend, clearly I was right."

She started to walk away but Archie stopped her. "Wait Valerie-" Valerie threw her drink over Archie. "What is your problem? Just go find Wilde, she's the one you care about, not me."

* * * *