S.2 P46: (You Shine Reprise)

Melanie and Honey Bee sat in the trailer, both with a beer in their hand. Riverdale was a mess, the people just as bad.

It reminded Melanie of her time in Toledo, possibly the most difficult time of her life.

Honey Bee looked at Melanie with a small frown. The woman was deep in thought, thinking about something upsetting. "What's on your mind, Melz?"

A half smile appeared on Melanie's face as she turned her attention to Honey Bee. The female Serpent was one of the few good things about Riverdale. She admired the dark haired, fierce woman.

"You know, the day I went into the Wyrm threatening Sweet Pea, I checked you out" Melanie admitted. Honey Bee let out a chuckle in shock. "Really?" "It's true, I thought you were beautiful." "And now?" Honey Bee asked.

"Now I know I was right. The world needs more people like you" Melanie told her.

"After I confronted you, I went behind the bar and kept my hand on my baseball bat" Honey Bee admitted. Melanie let out a single chuckle. "Another reason why you're incredible."

Honey Bee sighed as she looked at the beer in her hand. She enjoyed Melanie's company, her presence was enough to make her happy. It was strange being around another female, most of them were intimidated of her for unknown reasons. "I never had many female friends, even after I joined the Serpents. It's nice having a friend."

"Neither do I. I don't really have any friends, of either gender, most people fear me" Melanie said, causing Honey Bee to frown. "Why do they fear you?" 

A sigh escaped Melanie's mouth as she prepared herself to tell someone her story, at least most of it. "Once I left school, I fucked off from everyone. I was struggling to survive, until I met Jesse." "You mean the hot driver?" Honey Bee questioned causing Melanie to chuckle. "Yeah, him. He trained me in a way I wouldn't wish upon anyone, you could call it borderline torture."

"What did he do?"

"He found my weakness and probed me until I snapped. He tied me to a chair and taunted me, calling me all these names, not that it bothered me. Then he mentioned my family, how they said I was a disgrace, and I snapped. I broke out of the rope and attacked him. Apparently he was able to stop everyone else, but he couldn't me."

A small, almost silent gasp escaped Honey Bee's mouth. It was horrible what the man did to Melanie, how she was still able to call him a friend shocked the Serpent woman.

"He taught me how to fight physically, he taught me how to be mentally stronger. I started fighting for money, only to gamble it away. I lost a few thousand, but it was worth it in the end, I won big. I opened my first restaurant, calling it the 'Wilde Rose', after Rosalie. It was a huge success, so I opened another and another. But I continued to fight in secret, only to one day face Jesse." 

Melanie let out a sigh. "I, surprisingly won, but he was left in debt. He had bet a lot of money and lost it all. I offered him a job, a home, and in return he promised to help me with whatever I need. He now runs the restaurant in Toledo, at least he's the manager. He has my house out there while I'm here, it's an escape if I ever need to leave Riverdale."

A tear fell down Melanie's face. "I met Aaron and Abigail two years ago, they told me about Rosalie, after they discovered who I was. They kept me in touch with her, at least told me everything that was happening around her. Once I heard about my sister's death, I rushed to Riverdale, searching for a place to start another business, somewhere I could build an apartment on top."

Honey Bee wiped away one of the tears that had fell from Melanie's eyes. It was true Melanie was strong, stronger than anyone she had ever met. The Barnes woman was a true warrior.

[Honey Bee as Toni, Melanie as Cheryl]

When they finished their foreheads were touching, both of them smiling. "You have me now, and I have you. We got each other's back" Honey Bee told her. "Thank you, Beebee" Melanie whispered.

* * * * 

(And now you know Melanie's backstory.)