S.3 P1: (Righthand)

Jughead stood in the kitchen of his trailer, a freshly made coffee in his hand. "Hey." Jughead turned to his father, who had just entered the kitchen. "Dilton came by to see you."

"He did?" Jughead was unsure if he heard correctly, considering he didn't remember the last time he shared a conversation with the boy. "What for? Did he say?" "No, he wouldn't talk to me. Weird kid" FP said, causing his son to chuckle. "No kidding." 

"How's Hot Dog?" FP asked his son. "Sleeping under the trailer, but he's bouncing back." "Yeah? And how are you?"

A sigh escaped Jughead's mouth as he sipped on his coffee. "Uneasy sitting on the crown?" FP asked. "Well." Jughead sat down, as did his father. "Penny's got the Northside in her sights, Cheryl's a loose cannon. Betty's a target and, uh. We're not the Southside serpents anymore."

"Screw the Southside. You're a Serpent, by blood and no one can take that from you, or any one of us." FP paused as he realised there was something still left for his son to do, something he should've done by now. "Though, there is something you have to do, as King that is." 

"What is it?"

"You need a righthand, just in case something happens" FP told him. "You need someone who'll be able to hold the ground for you, in case of an emergency."

"Like Tall Boy did for you?"

FP let out a chuckle. "Yeah, that was a mistake. If I could go back, I know exactly who my righthand would be."

"Not Sweet Pea?"

FP chuckled as he shook his head. "No, but close. Honey Bee."

"Honey Bee?"

"She's as loyal as they come. She's strong, she's smart and she's not afraid to get her hands dirty" FP explained. "You speak highly of her" Jughead said.

"She's an angel. She's done so much for the Serpents. She would've been a great righthand." FP looked at his son. "Do you have any idea who you'd pick? Who you'd want by your side."

Jughead smiled. He had no doubt who he'd want to be his righthand, the person he trusted most of all, apart from his girlfriend. "I know exactly who I want, who I trust to have my back."

"Do tell."

"Isn't it obvious?" Jughead asked, before letting out a chuckle. He was shocked his father didn't know who he'd want by his side in case of emergency. "It's-"

A car horn beeped confusing the two men. "I have to go" Jughead said as he remembered he was going out with his friends.

"You didn't tell me who it was" FP told his son, who grabbed his bag. "I want to tell her first" Jughead replied just before he left the trailer.

FP let out a chuckle as he watched the car drive off. "You better be thinking who I am." And he was. Both Jones men knew there was only one person who could rule in place of Jughead, or even by his side. One level headed person.

* * * *