Roses: Reddie

VERY IMPORTANT:
please please please, i started writing this book over a year ago. some of my old oneshots are hoRribly written and have horrendous plots. so PLEASE skip until some of my later works. i think the shots when i stop using uppercase letters are a lot more well written ( you can tell if they're in lowercase based on the titles! )so i'd recommend reading those first!

AH 500 READS WHAT? THANK U!

Richies P.O.V:
" Hey Ed's." I said, slipping my hand into Eddies as we walked down the street. School had just let out for the weekend, and Eddie and I were walking back to my house. The strong winter winds were starting to die down, and spring was just around the corner. Aka, mud season. Derry was known for its famous mud season: when the snow melts and the rain comes. Derrys pretty prone to flooding, with all the rain and melting snow, we were pretty much submerged in water all of spring. So, it was muddy. All season long. We carefully stepped around a big puddle on the sidewalk, tightening his grip on my hand to make sure I didn't step in it. I smiled, happy that I'd finally made Eddie mine. We'd been dating for almost a year now, but it was a short year.

" Yah?" Eddie asked looking up at me with his big hazelnut brown eyes. My heart skipped a beat.

" I have a surprise for you. At my house." I said, looking up at my house as we rounded the corner onto my street. Eddie beamed.

" Okay. This better not be a joke Rich." He said, amusement in his words. I smirked.

" When would I ever pull a prank on my little Ed's?" I said, ruffling his hair as we stepped onto the porch. I finished through my backpack for my house keys.

" Um, you have. Many times." Eddie said, crossing his arms across his chest. I scoffed, finding my keys and twisting them in the lock.

" Um, no. When?" I said, the numerous pranks running through my head. We entered my house, happy to be out of the harsh winds.

" How bout when Bill said he needed to talk to me, and when I followed him into the corner, you jumped onto my back?" He said, tapping his fingers on his arm. I smiled, shaking my head and locking the front door.

" Um, nope. I have no recollection of that ever happening." I said, suppressing a smile. Eddie laughed, shoving me playfully.

" Richieeee." He said.

" Fine, Fine. But I promise, this isn't a prank." I said, putting a hand over my heart dramatically. Eddie rolled his eyes, walking past me and further into the house.

" Shut up dickwad." He said. I laughed, jogging after him.

" Wanna snack Ed's?" I asked, looking through the nearly bare cupboards. Eddie nodded, kicking his little red lips. I smiled, looking until I found a few bags of unpopped popcorn. I grabbed one, popping it in the microwave. Eddie jumped up onto the counter, swinging his legs. I smiled, walking in between them. He stopped kicking them, looking into my eyes. We were at eye level for a change, so I leant over and easily pecked his lips. Usually it was a little awkward, since Eddie was much shorter then me. I was constantly bending over, and that gave me a sore back. Eddie grinned, leaning in a kissing me again. A little longer that time. I reached up and cupped one of his cheeks, running my thumb across his soft cheek. The microwave suddenly beeped, Eddie jumping badly. Eddie was always pretty nervous and jumpy. I chuckled, stepping away and grabbing our popcorn. I grabbed a big wooden bowl from the cupboard and poured it in. " C'mon. Let's go to my room." I said.

" K." Eddie said, hoping off the counter. I smiled, lacing one of our hands together as we walked up the stairs. We walked down the hall, entering my familiar room. There were Queen, Guns n' Roses, a bunch of other band posters. I was really into music, and my house needed a little upbeat feeling to it. It's not like my parents would ever get around to decorating. Eddie took the bowl of popcorn, sitting crisscross on my bed with the popcorn in his lap. He munched on one piece happily, tossing his backpack at the end of my bed. I did the same, walking to my desk and sitting on it. I looked at Eddie, not able to wait any longer to show him his surprise. Man, his gonna flip! I thought, standing up and skipping to my chest of drawers.