diary: stozier

40K? OMG GUYS i'm gonna cry
thank you so so so so sO much

aH okay so this is my first stozier oneshot
like... ever
i don't parTicularly ship it however i'm so down to the idea and i'm willing to try it out!
requested by 1-877-RICHIETOZIER

stan's p.o.v

at first i thought i was hungry. however no matter how much i ate nothing seemed to change. i then considered the possibility that maybe i was sick, and that i should just leave richie's house and not spend the night with him and the rest of the losers. however, the way that the butterflies in my tummy seemed to be circling round and round, giving me an undeniable queasy feeling, i knew that illness wasn't the cause.

i had a sick sense, and based on the familiar feeling in my gut, i knew that something was wrong that day.

i looked away from the illuminated tv screen in front of us, letting my eyes wander across all of my friends. i settled on ben eddie and bev first, who were sitting on the floor in front of the couch. ben was sitting in the middle, with a bowl full of warm buttery popcorn squarely on his lap, that eddie and bev were happily eating out of. i eyed them from where i sat on the couch behind them, biting my lower lip: they seemed fine.

my eyes slowly shifted to my right, settling on mike and bill, who were curled up on one side of the couch. bill's legs were draped over mike's lap, and the pair was munching on some kind of candy bill had brought to richie's house from home. i frowned: they seemed fine too.

my eyes settled on richie, who was sitting right up against my right side. my stomach churned, and i immediately knew that my off feeling was coming from him. instead of bright lively eyes framed behind thick glasses, he sported a pair of dull eyes, that i realized weren't even fixated on the tv screen but on the floor beneath it. he was wearing contacts too, something i realized he'd been doing a lot leading up to that day. his hands were in his lap, and i realized he was pulling feverishly on a hangnail, trying to rip it off.

" richie?" i whispered, wanting to talk to him but not wanting to disturb the others, who were happily watching the film. i saw his eyes widen a small bit, as he peeled his sad gaze from the floor to look into my eyes. richie was taller than me, by a good few inches, but because of how hunched over and deflated he sat he needed to look up to meet my gaze. " are you alright?" i asked softly, my hand twitching where it rested on my thigh, resisting the urge to reach out and take his.

" yeah i'm good." richie smiled. my stomach churned uncomfortably again, because he wasn't really smiling. sure, the corners of his lips were turned up into a crooked grin. but you would've had to be a blind fool not to see that it was fake. his eyes didn't twinkle like they usually did when he cracked a grin, and his pearly white teeth were barely visible.

still, even though my stomach churned uncontrollably, i didn't want to push him.

" alright." i smiled softly at him, hoping to communicate a message with my eyes. you don't have to lie to me. he looked away from me before i could tell if he got it. a frown reformed on my lips as i turned back to the movie, richie ultimately staying in the back of my mind for the rest of the night.

***

i was exhausted, to say the very least. after many long hours of listening to eddie and bill sing their hearts out in karaoke, ben exposing the shit out of himself in truth or dare, and us desperately trying to get bev and mike to stop asking to play spin the bottle, who wouldn't be? my tired muscles thanked me as i sunk into the soft pull out mattress on richie's bedroom floor. mike, eddie, richie and i were all bunked in richie's bedroom, whilst ben, bev and bill were sleeping in the living room downstairs. richie was on his bed, i was on a mattress on the floor to the left of it, eddie on a mattress to the right, and mike on a mattress at the foot.