Bike: Reddie

VERY IMPORTANT:
please please please, i started writing this book over a year ago. some of my old oneshots are hoRribly written and have horrendous plots. so PLEASE skip until some of my later works. i think the shots when i stop using uppercase letters are a lot more well written ( you can tell if they're in lowercase based on the titles! )so i'd recommend reading those first!

5K? IM ACTUALLY GONNA DIE THANK U TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON EVER

Stan's P.O.V:
" My grandfather's right: I'm an outsider. Gotta keep it that way." Mike said, grabbing his bike and biking alongside Richie Ben and I. I looked back momentarily, my eyes locking with Bill's. A pang of guilt struck my heart, sending chills down my spine as I sped up on my bike. I felt bad for leaving, but I had no intention of dying any time soon. And I had to keep it that way.

Ben mumbled a goodbye as he turned down his street, leaving Richie Mike and I. I sighed, feeling a little more relaxed now that we were away from hot-headed Bill and red-headed Bev. I hoped they'd be alright, although I had no plan in joining them again. It was just too dangerous. Mike soon turned, heading towards the outskirts of town, back to his farm. I kept my head forward, focusing on one thing and one thing only: getting home.

I looked to my side, frowning because Richie was still there. We'd past his street a little while back. I wondered what he was still doing there, biking next to me.

" Hey." I asked, voicing my thoughts. Richie kept the same determined look on his face, just grunting in response to let me know he was listening. " Where are you going? We past your street already." I said, looking back to ensure that what I said was true. Sure enough, I caught a glimpse of Richies wooden house, with a crooked roof and too much ivy crawling up the sides. He huffed loudly, my brows knitting together in confusion.

" I'm going back to Neibolt." He said, barely whispering the last part. As if It would hear him say that houses name, and crawl up from the sever to get him. I almost choked on the air surrounding us, gasping for a breath.

" What?!" I said, my voice cracking in he middle. He glanced up from where his eyes had been glued to the ground, locking eyes with me for a split second. I was met with something different then his usual laughing, smiling eyes: they looked sad, depressed even. It was almost as unsettling as being in that house on Neibolt street. " Are you insane? We almost died in there! You said it yourself: Eddie was nearly killed in there!" He flinched when I said that, looking back down at the dirt path. I lowered my voice from the loud one I'd been using. I glanced ahead, realizing we were almost at my street. Neibolt was a few away from it, so Richie still had awhile to go. " Why're you going back?" I asked, genuinely concerned for my coke-bottle-glasses-wearing friend.

" Relax Stanley. I'm just going to get Eddies bike. Then I'll go home." He said, my street having almost been reached. I nodded, knowing that Richie was closer with Eddie then any of us. Then anyone. We arrived at my street, me turning down it.

" Be careful." I called over my shoulder, as I peddled with all my force down my street and up to my big house. I threw my bike down on our perfectly mowed lawn, bounding up the steps to our big white front door. I breathed heavily, fishing deep in my Khakis pocket to find my key. I found it, reaching in deeper and grabbing the cold metal. I pulled it out, slamming it into the lock and twisting it to the left. I pushed open the door, running inside and slamming the door closed behind me.

I sighed in relief, slowly regaining my uneven heavy breath. I turned away from the locked door, looking around my silent house. My parents were out, of course. They were most definitely at work, where they usually were. Where they almost always were. I sighed again, venturing deeper into my humble abode.