Scarred: Reddie

VERY IMPORTANT:
please please please, i started writing this book over a year ago. some of my old oneshots are hoRribly written and have horrendous plots. so PLEASE skip until some of my later works. i think the shots when i stop using uppercase letters are a lot more well written ( you can tell if they're in lowercase based on the titles! )so i'd recommend reading those first!

( I just got a Jonathan today so I thought I'd share all of the ones I have lmao )

anyways...

... 2K READS? R U KIDDING?!

IM SO SO SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS LIKE THE THOUGHT OF GETTING TO 1K SEEMED IMPOSSIBLE AND NOW I HAVE DOUBLE!
IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME TO WHEN I STARTED THESE ONESHOTS AND TELL MYSELF THAT I GOT 2K READS I WOULD NOT BELIEVE MYSELF SO THANK U SO MUCH ❤️

I'm so happyyyyyyyyy

Enough of this. Onto the OneShot!

Eddie P.O.V:
I whistled to Bohemian Rhapsody, which blasted from the boom box on our counter. Richie was singing his heart out, bouncing his head up and down, as he scrubbed at the plates in the sink. I giggled, shaking my head disapprovingly while scrubbing my own dishes. Richie and I had recently moved in together, after having dated for nearly a year. That may not seem like long, but we'd known each other since we got out of university. Friends for a few years, before I eventually got the balls to kiss him. Now, we were singing to Bohemian Rhapsody, while cleaning our dishes. We were like an old married couple. Richie swayed around, taking his soap-sud covered hands out of the warm water and tapping the wet plate to the song.
" I sometimes wish I'd never been born at alllll!" He chanted, smacking his plate to the rhythm of the song. I giggled loudly, setting down my plate on the clothed counter to dry. I stood back, drying my hands on a towel, whilst watching Richie parade around the room. He was smacking his plate against his hand, singing overly loudly to the music. Suddenly, Richie hit the marble counter with his plate, making it shatter into millions of minuscule pieces. I froze, terror striking like a bolt of lightning. The shattering was much louder then the music, practically deafening. It replayed over and over again in my head, making my breathing uneven. " Shit." Richie grumbled, looking down at the shattered pieces of china. He leant over the counter, twisting the dial on the boom box all the way down. The music having stopped, the shattering replayed in my head. I burst into tears, immediately covering my face in fear of what would happen next.
" Oh my god Ed's are you okay?" I heard Richie yell, before a slender hand wrapped around my wrist. I shrieked loudly, slapping it away before erupting in more waves of sobs. I didn't want to cry. I knew I was crying over nothing. But the roots had been planted too deep, impossible to uproot completely. I brought my quaking hands to my trembling face, holding it. Richie didn't touch me again, fearful of how I'd react. " Eddie what the hell happened?" He questioned nervously. I shook my head, the awful memories flooding back. The only sound heard were my echoing sobs and occasional sniffles. " Ed's I'm-"
" Richie please. Don't... don't hurt me." I said, my voice shaking dramatically. Richie was by my side instantly, grabbing onto my shoulders. I shrieked again, trying to pull away. He tightened his grip, although it was gently. I cried loudly, moving my hands to rest at my sides. I looked up at Richie, shivering with terror. " Please Rich... I cant be hurt anymore." Richie shook his head, his dark eyes glued to mine.
" Eddie what the hell are you talking about? Did you get hurt?" He questioned, looking away from my eyes for a second to scan my body for injuries. The majority of my injuries were on the inside, so he wouldn't find anything. " I didn't think the plate smashed this far." He said, fear laced in his words. I shook my head, tears flowing down my heated face. 
" The plate.... it... it smashed." I croaked, more tears streaming down my face. I think that's when Richie realized that this was more then a few sharp shards of china. His brows knitted together, as he guided me to our connected living room. He didn't move his hands from my shoulders, probably in fear of me not letting him touch me again if he let go. Which I probably wouldn't have. I sat far from him on the couch, the only connection between us being Richies lanky hands and my shaky shoulders. He rubbed soothing circles with the pad of his thumb.
" Bubba..."he whispered, making me jump. He stopped for a second, shushing nothing in particular. " bubba," he said quieter then last time, " what happened?" He questioned, cocking his head to the side. " I need you to help me understand." I shook my head, my eyes opening as more silent tears fell from them.
" The plate smashed." I whispered out, not wanting to risk any more uncontrollably sobbing. Richie frowned, slowly moving his hand to cup my face. I let him, although I took in a sharp inhale from his gentle touch. He rubbed his smooth thumb up and down my face, wiping away the salted tears.
" I know bubba... why're you crying?" He questioned, making me feel stupid. He wouldn't get it.
" You wouldn't get it." I whispered, more tears leaking past my puffy eyelids. Richie was quick to wipe them away.
" Try me." He retorted. I sighed, a new wave of fearful tears washing over me.
" During university, around the time we met..." I paused, exhaling the air I'd been holding in for too long. More tears slid down my flushed cheeks. " I was in a relationship. With this guy-" I gulped, my lips trembling at the thought. " I... we, lived together." I let out a shaky breath, tears streaming down my face by then. " Rich... he wasn't a good boyfriend. He... he hurt me. Badly." I said, holding back any more sobs I may have had. Richies brows were tightly wound together, deep in thought and worry. He reached out, slowly cupping my other cheek. He wiped away all the present tears. More rushed to take their places. " When The plate smashed..." I whimpered out, fighting back my sobs, " it usually meant he was angry. That I was about to get cut, or beat up, or hurt." I said, letting one small chocked sob out. Richie couldn't take it anymore, wrapping his arms around me securely. I shrieked, although his grip was gentle and soothing. I melted into his touch, gripping the back of his shirt in my trembling fists.
" Oh my god... Ed's." He whispered, tickling my ear. I shivered, both from the whisper and the thought of my painful past. I squeezed my eyes shut, the last of my tears leaking onto Richies thick sweater. He rubbed my back, whispering sweet nothings into my ears. I sighed, relieved to be in his arms.
" I have... scars, too." I whispered, barley audible. Richie nodded, indicating that he did in fact hear me.
" Believe me bubba. If I could... I'd kiss all of your scars away." He whispered, sending more nervous shivers down my spine. But I didn't feel too nervous anymore. He kissed my cheekbone gingery, were I had a slight nip. I'd played it off as falling over as I kid, but I guess Richie had pieced it together.
" I wish you could too." I mumbled, sinking further into his chest.
" Then I will. Maybe not the physical ones, but the I will kiss the other ones away." He mumbled, making me giggle. I pushed him away, keeping my hands on his shoulders. He grinned.
" I'm serious." He smirked, making me giggle again. I sniffed, wiping the dried tear stains off my cheeks. He smiled, doing the same.
" *smile* okay."

❤️❤️❤️