Midnight: Stenbrough

VERY IMPORTANT:
please please please, i started writing this book over a year ago. some of my old oneshots are hoRribly written and have horrendous plots. so PLEASE skip until some of my later works. i think the shots when i stop using uppercase letters are a lot more well written ( you can tell if they're in lowercase based on the titles! )so i'd recommend reading those first!

tw ! verbal abuse

Stan's P.O.V:
I heard the old grandfather clock chime loudly in our livingroom, indicating that it was midnight. I jumped and pulled the covers higher up my torso. I laid in bed, counting the ongoing chimes. They finally stopped, meaning it was 12:01. I sighed, turning onto my back in bed. I stared at the dotted ceiling, drawing small figures with them in my mind. I tried to ignore it, distracting myself with whatever I could. But I couldn't. The shouts were louder then usual, indicating that something was wrong. Well, more wrong then usual. Something was definitely wrong with my parents. My mother: legendary workaholic. She's leave early, before I even woke up, and wouldn't return until I was about to go to sleep. Meaning we'd both be cranky, and get on eachothers nerves. We never fought, just the occasional bicker over something silly. It'd always end with my apologizing and saying goodnight, with her letting it go. My father on the other hand: if my mother was a workaholic, he would be the god of all workaholics. His name is straight up Uris the Rabbi. It's in the name for gods sake. He'd sometimes go on exhibitions for weeks at a time, leaving me alone to a disregarding mother. It's not like he did much for me when he was here anyways. To my friends, we were the perfect family: nothing bad at happened to us. Richies parents were alcoholics, Eddies dad died leaving his mom a wreck, and Bills parents never really got over Georgie. To them, I had it great at home. If only they knew. I slowly pulled the blanket off of me, shivering when the cold air hit my warmed body. I stood up, approaching the door on my shaky knees. I leant my head against the cold wood, getting a better idea of what they were arguing about: me. Their favourite topic. I gulped, wondering what had my parents so angry this time. I heard something along the lines of Disappointing. Used to that. Shameful. Of course. Disgraceful. Absolutely. My father was always raving about how I was a disgrace towards the family name and business. I didn't take up religion in high school, and I barely spoke Hibru. I couldn't even read the Torah. However, my heart aches at his next words. Disgusting, repulsive, horrific. Although I'd been shamed on my disregard to religion, my father had never referred to me in that way. Disgusting? I gulped, leaning away from the door. I placed one shaky hand on the brass doorhandle, turning it slowly. I pushed the door open gently, peering through a crack. I could see my parents bedroom door open, indicating that they were in there. I opened the door wider, slipping outside.
" He's revolting! Repugnant! I will not have someone like him in our household, disgracing our family name!" My father hollered, making me stop. I heard my mother scoff.
" Oh hush. You will do no such thing. Besides, what evidence do you have say that Stan is even any of those things?" He said. I crept closer, standing against the wall outside of their room. My heart was thumping, and aching.
" Well, besides my biggest point, just looked at him! He doesn't look anything like us: those unruly curls, his round face, dull eyes. He's too fat, too tall. How does he have friends, even like his?" He said. I leant closer, a particularly loud plank of wood creaking under me. Their yells stopped. Shit. I thought, as my mother and father exited their room. My father scoffed, my mother just sighing softly while shaking her head. I gulped, feeling my body tremble.
" Stanley, this is an invasion of privacy! Go back to your room and go to bed." My mother said, trying to push me back to my room. My father immediately grabbed her shoulder, pulling her back rather forcefully. My feet stayed planted in place, in absolutely terror. Who knew what this man was capable of.
" Stanley Uris. How dare you act this way! First, you go out dressed like that," he said, pointing at my sweatpants and T-shirt I hadn't bothered to change out of after school, " with a body like that," he said gesturing to my body, "and a sickly personality like yours!" He cried, throwing his arms up in absolute annoyance. I felt my heart breaking, sad tears already freefalling down my face.
" We don't know for sure that-"
" Stay out of this!" My father yelled, slapping my mother across the face. I felt no pity for the woman, she was hardly my mother. I still clenched my fists, shaking with more tears streaming down my cheeks. Ny cheeks that were too round. " Of course we know! It's plain as day!" He hollered, his loud tone making me flinch. I shook, tightening my jaw.
" What's plain as day." I said, cursing myself when my voice cracked.
" I'll tell you what's plain as day: that's you're a faggot and that you're dating that Denbrough boy!" My heart sunk. Everything my father had said was true: about Bill, about my appearance. About me. I couldn't take it. I let out a choked sob, not being able to stand my parents presences any longer. I stormed past them, sprinting down the stairs. I slid on my sneakers, quickly doing them up. " GET BACK HERE BOY!" My father roared, making me flinch as more tears ran down my face. I grabbed my jacket, throwing open the door and sprinting outside. Sobs racked my body as I sprinted down the street, no sense of where I was going. Tears clouded my vision as my legs aimlessly carried me around town. I eventually decided to head for the Quarry, knowing my parents wouldn't find me there. I cried harder, remembering my dads cruel words, as I hobbled around one last corner. I turned down a side trail, leading me through a grove of trees before the Quarry. I finally reached the end, more loud sobs racking my body. I saw the cliff where me and my friends had jumped so many times before. I cried, walking over to the edge. I let myself collapse, sinking on my behind and crying harder. My chest aches from all my crying, my eyes puffy and tired. I pulled my legs up, resting my head on my shaky knees. I sobbed again, everything seeming to crash down around me. When, a voice spoke.
" St-st-Stan?" I'd recognize that stutter anywhere. I opened my swollen eyes, lifting my tired head from my knees. I spun my head around, looking for the source of the sweet voice. My eyes met those of Bill Denbrough, the light blue-green piercing the midnight darkness. I rubbed my eyes, making sure my grogginess weren't seeing things. Nope, he was there. He was sitting against a tree, although he stood up. He slowly approached me, standing behind me. I stared up into his soft eyes, a new wave of tears hitting me. Hard.
" Stan, w-w-What happened?" He asked, scooting down next to me on the cliff. I hung me legs over the edge, pulling him into my arms instead. I sobbed loudly into his shoulder, my cries echoing over the water and empty space below. Bill tightened his grip on me, rubbing my back. " Baby b-baby, what's wrong?" He asked, genuine concern in his voice. It confused me.
" W-w-why do you c-care Bill?" I asked, my stutter even worse then his. He rubbed my back harder, pulling me further into him.
" W-why do you care about s-someone like me?" I asked, tears soaking his shirt. I pulled away, not wanting to ruin his jacket. He frowned, trying to pull me back. I pushed his arms away, although I was still crying loudly.
" W-why wound to St-Stanley? You're p-perfect." He said, reached one hand out and rubbing my shoulder. I allowed it, although I shook my head.
" You're lying Bill. W-why do you always lie to me? I know it not tr-true." I said, shrugging his hand off. I looked down at the eerie dark blue below.
" Why on earth w-would you ever th-th-think that?" He said, reaching out and griping my shoulder again. I sobbed, moving my hands to hide my revolting face.
" Because I'm hideous Bill. Just look at me: I have unruly curls, dull eyes, Im too fat, too tall. Why would you tell me I'm p-perfect?" I spoke, moving my face from my fat hands. I could see Bills pity in his eyes.
" St-Stan... you, you can't believe th-that kind of stuff. It's simply not true." He said, rubbing my shoulder with his thumb. I wiped my tears, although they continued pouring down my face. " You're hair is curly. I love your curls. They're f-fun to st-stroke and play w-with. Your eyes aren't dull: th-they're subtle brown and y-yellow, like honeycomb. They make me f-f-feel warm. You're simply not fat Stan. You're even o-one of th-the lankier Losers. Y-you're height, I d-don't understand. You're shorter then R-r-Richie. And M-Mike. Wh-who is p-putting these thoughts into y-your head?" He asked, sliding towards me so our hips were touching. He placed one hand on my fat thigh, making me jump. I shook my head, tears sliding off my nose and onto my jacket.
" D-does it matter? It t-true, isn't it?" I said. Bill sighed, squeezing my thigh.
" St-Stan. I told you. You're p-perfect. You're appearance is p-perfect." He said, rubbing my thigh. I shook my head.
" Well, even if y-you're blind enough to think my appearance is perfect, w-what about my personality? It's horrific." I exclaimed, my shoulders shaking with every loud sob. Bill held onto my thigh, leaning forward to try and catch my eye. I clenched them shut, tears still falling through the small gaps.
" How c-can you think that? You're th-the most th-thoughtful, and caring, and k-kind person. You're like the-the voice of r-r-reason." He offered, to which I shook my head.
" You m-mean the tightwad? I can b-b-barley let loose." I said, wiping my eyes on my jacket sleeve. " I'm not nice Bill."
" Of course you are! You're the nicest and most kind person I know!" He said, his loud voice making me jump. I shook my head, a sob escaping my chapped lips.
" E-even if you think I'm nice. Even if you think I'm pretty. What about how repulsive I am?" I said, my voice shaky as more sobs left my mouth. I opened my eyes, looking into Bills green-blue orbs. He had a tears swimming in them, and a worry line etched across his forehead. I felt guilty.
" Y-y-you're not r-repulsive St-St-Stanley." He said, his stutter getting really bad. I wiped my tears on my arm, trying to eliminate them. They were disgusting. " W-w-why w-would you th-think that?" He asked, scooting even closer so our thighs were pressed together. I just shook my head, ignoring his arm that snaked itself around my trembling shoulders. I wanted to push it off. But I didn't. I just say my heavy head down on his shoulder, trembling into his arms again. I fisted his jacket, holding onto him for dear life. He wrapped his other arm around me as I let out more chocked sobs.
" I... I-" I felt sick to my stomach. I gripped it, pushing Bill away. He frowned, until I leant over the edge and threw up my entire contents into the deep blue bellow. Bill scooted closer to me again, patting my back as I wheezed and tried to regain my breath. I coughed a few more times, sobbing loudly. Bill pulled me into him again, wiping my trembling lips on a tissue he had had in his pocket. He tossed it somewhere behind him before wrapping his arms around my shoulders again. " Oh Stan." He whispered, clutching me close to him. Silent tears slid down my dirty cheeks as I gripped his jacket tightly, my sobs having stopped.
" It's my dad." I said, abruptly sucking in a breath to stop my sob. Bill nodded, not letting me go.
" He's l-l-lying you know?" He said, his voice shaky. I patted his back, more silent tears trickling down my cheeks. I didn't want him to cry.
" I don't know." I said, barley a whisper. He sniffed, indicating that he was crying. He pulled away, his soft hands gripping my face tightly.
" Then I'll stay with you until you do." He said. I sobbed again, nodding. He pulled me in for another tight hug.

~ TIME JUMP ~

Night bled to day. The sun and the moon switched places, casting a warm breeze over the cliff. I sat with my back against the tree, Bill with his head on my chest in between my legs. I had my hands over his chest, feeling his calming and steady heartbeat. His soft hands gripped mine gently. The trees behind us rustled as the world awoke. I sighed, looking down at Bills reddening brown hair. He tilted his head back, looking at me with an upside down smirk. I grinned. He brought his head back, scooting closer so his head was resting right above my heart.
" Bill?" I asked. Bill hummed in response, fiddling with my fingers. " Why were you here last night?" He let my fingers drop, grabbing onto his own and wringing his hands.
" W-well, since g-g-g-Georgie died, my p-parents just haven't been great. They f-fight a lot now, about s-s-silly things. I guess his *gulp* d-d-death, just kinda tore them ap-apart." He sighed, letting go of his wrists. I frowned, grabbing hold of his hands again. He sighed, squeezing back. " Sometimes, I'll just c-come out here. To get away f-from it all." He said, making me nod. I leant my head back against the thick tree, looking up at the yellowing leaves. I pulled him higher up, so his head was resting on my shoulder. I placed light kisses on his temple, making him giggle softly.
" Stanny." He complained, although he was laughing. I grinned at the infamous nickname, kissing him one last time. " Do you believe me yet?" He asked. I kissed him again.
" Believe what?" I asked. He sighed.
" That you're beautiful?" He asked. I frowned, biting my lower lip. I honestly wasn't sure. However, I knew as long as I had Bill, anything would be possible.
"..."
"... a little."

Vent