Happy Birthday: Reddie

VERY IMPORTANT:
please please please, i started writing this book over a year ago. some of my old oneshots are hoRribly written and have horrendous plots. so PLEASE skip until some of my later works. i think the shots when i stop using uppercase letters are a lot more well written ( you can tell if they're in lowercase based on the titles! )so i'd recommend reading those first!

Eddie P.O.V:

" Hey Guys! Come on in!" Mike said, ushering is into the house. Richie tried to catch my eye, but I kept mine glued to Mikes. Of course we had to be half an hour late, so embarrassing. I thought, slipping off my winter jacket. I kicked off my boots, walking into the house with Richie. He tried to grab my hand, but I pulled mine away and smiled at Mike. He probably noticed me avoiding Richie, but he deserved it. He made us late because he couldn't find his car keys, only for them to have been in his jacket pocket the whole time. Like come on. I scoffed just thinking about it, everyone waving at us as we walked into the room. Will saw us from the corner of the room. I saw him sigh before he ran over, embracing me tightly. I forgot all about faking being mad, so I smiled brightly and hugged him back.
" Happy birthday Will!" I exclaimed. Will sighed, letting go of me.
" Thanks. You have no idea how happy I am that you're here." He said. I could tell that something was up, so I made a mental note to ask about it later.
" So..." I said. Richie suddenly stood in between us, staring down at me.
" Eddie? Can we talk, please?" He said. I huffed loudly, crossing my arms.
" I don't know, can we?" I retorted. He scoffed, grinning.
" Cmon Ed's. Don't be like that." He said. I sighed.
" Fine. Will, I'll be right back." I said, taking Richies hand and guiding him upstairs. The music faded and the chatter quieted down. I turned to face Richie, squinting up at him with my arms folded over my chest. " What." I stated. Richie huffed.
" Come on Eddie spaghetti. It was an accident." He said, taking my hands. I accepted, letting him run the pad of his thumb soothingly over my pale knuckles. " What can I do for forgiveness?" He whispered, ghosting his lips above mine. I didn't move away, which let him know he could kiss me. He kissed me wholeheartedly for a few seconds, before pulling away grinning.
" That." I said, giggling quietly. " Also, promise me you won't forget anything like that again."
" Fine Fine. Promise." He said, placing his hand over his heart dramatically. I scoffed, elbowing him in the ribs. I laughed.
" Anyways, I think you already broke that promise. You forgot Wills present in the car." Richies eyes widened, he opened his mouth, trying to squeeze our words.
" W-what?" He said, his voice raspy. I smirked.
" Wills present. You left it in the car." Richie gulped. My smile faded, replaced with half-closed eyes and a scrunched up mouth.
" Richie. You got Will that art set I asked you to grab on your way home from work, " I asked dryly, " right?" Richie tugged on the neck of his tshirt.
" Well, about that-"
" Richie! We can't just show up to a birthday party without a present!" I yelled, although I quieted my voice in hopes nobody would hear us. The music was almost deafening, so they probably wouldn't have heard my yells anyways. Richie rubbed his temples.
" Baby, I've got an idea. We've just gotta find something upopened, and gift it to them!" He said. I faceplamed, seriously considering asking for a divorce right then and there.
" Richie, you can't fucking steal something from someone's house and then GIFT IT BACK TO THEM!" I said, not being able to not raise my voice. Richie huffed, grabbing both my hands.
" Come on Baby. You've got a better idea?" He said, raising a questioning eyebrow at me. I sighed, thinking of our other options. They didn't live near any shops, and I'd never live it down if I didn't get him a present. I sighed, hanging my head.
" Fine." I said. " We'll find something unopened that they won't recognize. But I'm still very mad at you." I said, pointing an accusing finger at Richie. He sighed, letting go of my hands. I suppressed a whimper from the lost.
" You won't be when I find the best present ever." He said, smirking. I rolled my eyes, cautiously poking my head into Mike and Wills big bedroom. I saw a few gifts on the bed. We can't take those, he'd recognize it immediately. I thought, walking further into the room. I knew I wasn't supposed to be in there, but I needed to find a present. A present that Richie was supposed to get. Richie walked close behind me, looking around the big room.
" Ed's, are you sure we should be in here?" Richie said, picking up a picture of Mike and Will from their dresser.
" Well, maybe you should've thought about that before you forgot to get Will the present." I retorted, opening the door to the walk in closet.  I sifted through the various items in the closet , looking behind wracks of clothing.
" Eddie I told you I'm-"
" Shush." I said, grabbing his hand.
" No Eddie I'm-"
" Shush!" I said, slapping my hand over his mouth. " Someone's coming. Richie stopped talking, making the heavy footsteps trailing up the stairs more noticeable. Richies eyes widened as I pulled him into the closet, pushing aside some clothes and stepping behind them. The bedroom door clicked open as we slid the clothes infront of us. I pulled one slightly aside, looking through the small crack. I saw Mike, drifting around the room. I couldn't see what he was doing. The room was dead quiet, only the sound of my beating heart, Richies quiet breaths, and Mikes padded footsteps could be heard. I prayed Mike would leave. He suddenly walked into a part of the room I couldn't see him in. I leant forwards just a little more to see if I could spot him. His head suddenly poked through the closet door, looking around the small room. I leant back, banging my head against the wall. It was quiet, so I prayed Mike didn't hear. He looked around the room once more, narrowing his eyes on the hanging clothes we were hidden behind. My heart was beating out of my chest as I held my breath for dear life. Mike sighed, shutting the closet door. I heard footsteps and the lights suddenly clicked off, indicating that Mike had left the room. I finally breathed again, exhaling the air id been holding in for too long. Richie put his hand over his heart, sighing loudly.
" That was too close." He said.
" Agreed." I said, pushing away the clothes and stepping out of the closet. " We've gotta get a present though." I said, closing the closet door once Richie was out. Richie huffed, tugging on one of his loose curls.
" What should we do?"
" We can't stay upstairs. Not after what just happened." I said, looking around the room. There was nothing we could use.
" Okay. So... wanna see if anyone has a present downstairs that we can, like... have?" Richie said. I cocked my head.
" What? Like, take someone else's present? And say it's from us?" I said, rubbing my eyes. Are we really going to go through with this?
" Well, I guess this is what we have to do to fix your problems." I said, trudging out of the room. I scrambled down the stairs, returning back to the party. Will was standing in the corner, talking to Mike. With Richie close behind me, we snuck around the room to the back where everyone had left their gifts. Everyone except us. I crouched behind the table, grabbing the first present I could get my hands on. Richie crouched down beside me.
" Ed's are you sure this is-"
" Go into the kitchen. Grab a marker, or something. We can write our names and-"
" Eddie? What're you doing?" My heart stopped, I widened my eyes, standing up and holding the present behind my back. Stan was looking, his head cocked to the side and his eyebrows raised.
" Um, nothing! Just, kissing." I spat out, standing on my tiptoes and pecking Richies lips. Stan looked unconvinced.
" And, um, why is our present behind your back?" He said, our meaning he and Bills. I felt my hands get clammy as I moved the present I my front.
" Oh, I, um... I must've grabbed onto it. Absentmindedly." I said, painting on a smile. Stan nodded, his eyebrows still raised in question.
" Okay." He said. I set the present back in its rightful place on the table. I grabbed Richies hand and lead him away from the table, pounding back up the stairs. He turned me around to look at him once we got to the top.
" Ed's I don't think-"
" Think What Richie? That I should put so much trust in you? Because you always just end up embarrassing me?" I snapped, seeing emotion flicker through Richies dark eyes. I sighed, not wanting to get into it.
" Cmon , let's find a present." I said, holding onto his hand. Suddenly Mike came bounding up the stairs. He stopped at the top when he saw us.
" Hey have you guys seen Will. Also... what're you doing up here?" I gulped, looking down at my shaky hands.
" Listen, dude this is all my fault. Eddie told me to buy Will a present but it completely slipped my mind and we've been running around trying to find one." Richie spilled, my heart rate increasing. Part of me was embarrassed, and wanted to smack Richie silly for telling. However, the other part of me was relieved to come clean. Richie and Mike were twins, after all.
" What? Guys, come on. You know Will wouldn't care about any of that kind of stuff. He really needed you today." He said, turning to me and patting me on the shoulder. Guilt hit me like a hefty smack in the face. Will needed me? I left him down. I thought, looking away from Mike and twiddling with my thumbs. Why did I think Will would care so much? "Anyways, I better go find him. He's kind of upset right now." Mike said, wondering down the hall. Of course Mike would understand. He's Richies brother and my best friend boyfriend. Why did I think they'd be mad? I groaned, feeling like a complete idiot. I wandered downstairs, sitting on the couch with my head in my hands. I'm a complete douchebag. I thought, squeezing my eyes shut and shaking my head. A complete and utter douchebag. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and felt the couch dip in next to me. I looked up from the dark palms of my hands, my doe eyes meeting Richies dark orbs.
" Eddie, it's-"
" No Rich. I'm a complete douche. To Mike, to Will, and mostly to you. I should've gotten the present myself. I should've been responsible for it. I was being so mean and..." I felt my throat tighten up. " I'm really sorry Rich." I managed to croak out. Richie smiled.
" I'm not gonna lie, Ed's." He said, " your words kinda stung." I felt a pang at my heavy heart. "But it's ok. Although you were a, tad, bit harsh, it was my fault. I should try to remember more." I smiled weakly at Richie.
" I can't believe we, I, almost stole Bill and Stan's present though." I said, giggling quietly.
" Oh my god yah. You're a determined one Ed's." Richie said, patting my shoulder. I smiled, kissing his knuckles gingerly.
" I wish I was there for him more today though, instead of being all caught up in his present." I sighed. Richie pointed to the stairs, which Mike and Will were descending.
" You can be." He said. I smiled, kissing his hand again, before getting up. I walked over to Will, sighing deeply.
" Hey Will. I'm so sorry Richie and I were, dealing with something. You okay?" I asked. If I wasn't there for him then, I will be now. I thought. Will smiled.
" Yah, I'm okay." Will pulled me in, hugging me tightly. So, he gave me a better gift then I could've found anywhere: a true friend.

Hehe I trieddddd