soulmate: reddie

requested by poketyno23
bear with me, this is my first ever soulmate au so it might not be great lmaooo

tw ! physical abuse

eddie's p.o.v:
" it's cold." i giggled, flexing my hand momentarily before setting it back down on the table. beverly grinned and laughed quietly, her soft ringlets of fiery hair bouncing as she shook her head. i giggled again, watching as she added several coats of bubble gum pink to my finger nails.

" well you would expect it to be." she laughed, her eyes crinkling as she gently blew on my nails. i squealed, giggling more at the feeling. " eddie stay still!" she laughed, holding my hand steady. she set my painted hand down, moving onto painting my second hand. our giggles died down, and we settled into a comfortable silence.

" thanks for this, bevy." i said softly, her sapphire eyes glancing up at me, before she smiled and looked back down at my nails. she hummed softly in response, blowing on my rosy nails. " i really appreciate it."

" it's no problem eddie." she said softly, putting my hands back down on the table. she tapped each of my nails, making sure the coating was completely dry, before smiling brightly at me. " i love spending time with my best friend."

" wouldn't you rather spend time with your soulmate though?" i asked, sticking my lower lip out in a pout. i stood up from beverly's kitchen table, sitting down on her couch. she sighed quietly, popping her nail polish bottle shut, and standing up too. she walked over and sat down beside me, slinging her arm around my shoulders.

" eddie kaspbrak. i love spending time with you." she said, making me giggle and blush a rosy pink hue. i rested my head on her shoulder, looking up at her. " i love you and benny the same, okay? don't forget that." she said softly, a smiling tugging on my lips.

" aww. thank you bevy." i giggled, puckering my lips at her. she giggled softly, tilting her head to the side. i admired how long her lashes and plump her lips were from that angle, always having been quite jealous of beverly's beauty. she slowly lowered her head, and i pressed a light kiss to her cheek.

" why thank you eddie." she laughed, sitting back up. i giggled, before my breath hitched and i hunched over. i groaned loudly, wrapping my arms around my stomach. a searing pain erupted all over my torso, tears prickling behind my clenched eyelids. " eddie? you okay?"

" it hurts... again." i croaked out, my breathing coming out raggedly. " i swear to god my soulmate is a sumo wrestler- fuck!" i cried, covering my left eye. pain shot through my eye socket, as well as my nose. i could feel the blood trickling from it, the warmth from the substance making my skin hot. but i knew better then to believe that i was actually bleeding.

" aw eddie. it's okay." she said, running her hand through my hair. tears started uncontrollably trekking down my face, the physical pain nearly agonizing. but the mental pain was far worse, knowing how terribly my soulmate had it everyday, and not being able to do anything to help them.

i could feel everything they felt: from the cold tears tumbling down their cheeks, to the blood trickling from their nose, as well as all the bones they'd broken. and beatings they'd taken. i wanted nothing more then to hold them and make their pain go away. as well as mine, since the moment we'd touch the pain connection would be severed.

" i just w-wanna meet th-th-them." i hiccuped, feeling his blood dripping down their chin. i raised my hand to wipe my own face, only to pull it away and see it clean. i sobbed quietly, turning my face that felt battered, and burying it in beverly's chest. she shushed me quietly, gently running her hand up and down my back. i knew that my soulmate could feel it, and i hoped that it made them feel better.