hero: stenbrough

stans p.o.v: 

" AND STAY OUT!" my father cried, my front door slamming shut. i jumped back, stepping into a puddle at the end of my driveway. i gasped when the cold water touched my bare ankle, quickly soaking through my trainer and coating my foot in icy cold rain water. i grimaced, pulling my foot out of the puddle and standing on the sidewalk. i looked at my houses closed front door, which had just been slammed in my face no more then ten seconds ago. i knew coming out to my family would go badly, but i never imagined it going this bad. 

i pulled my raincoats shiny blue hood up over my curls, which were already soaked in the heavy april rain, shoving my wet hands into my pockets next. my tight black jeans were already stuck to my legs, my shoes making a sickening squelch noise as i trudged aimlessly down the street. i had no destination in mind. but there was no use standing outside of a house i was no longer welcome in in the pouring rain. i sighed, keeping my head low as i took shaky steps down the soaked side walk, to avoid rain water going in my eyes or on my face.

i briefly considered going to bill's place. him being my boyfriend after all, i knew i'd be welcome there. unfortunately i was quick to remember that bill was also planning on coming out about us that day. and if his coming out went anything like mine, i knew i wouldn't have been anymore welcome there then he was. 

i sniffled, not from emotion but from the cold. the bitter winds mixed with the chilling rain water coating my shaky body sent dramatic shivers to my spine. i uncontrollably chattered my teeth, as i trudged down the slippery sidewalk. I glanced up briefly, to learn of my new surroundings, but i didn't recognize anything other then that it was thick icy rain water that was running down my cold face. i looked back down at the sidewalk, walking onwards.

suddenly, the pound of water hitting the road and the hood on my raincoat wasn't the only sound i could hear. there was also an ear-splitting scream, rattling around in my head. i looked up, eyes wide in terror and concern, as i rapidly blinked away the heavy rain water batting against my face. i looked desperately for the source of the terrifying sound, which was still going, raising a hand to keep the rain water out of my eyes. i finally spotted it, the source of the scream:

a small figure sprawled across the side of the road, right next to the sewer. i couldn't identify the figure as being human, based on how obstructed my vision was by the rain water, but based on the high-pitched scream it was emitting i assumed it must've been a girl or young boy. i ran over, water splashing upwards from the impact of my heavy steps. i jumped from the sidewalk down onto the road, crouching in front of the figure. from up close, even with the heavy ran still pelting down on us, i could tell it was a young boy in a yellow raincoat. and the worst part was, i knew exactly who the little boy was.

george, or more commonly known as georgie, denbrough. he was sprawled face-down on the road, screaming his lungs out. and worst part was, i couldn't tell why.

" georgie?!" i exclaimed, getting on my knees next to him. i gently put a hand on either of his shoulders and turned him onto his back. he stopped screaming, just sobbing loudly. i couldn't tell what was wrong-

my face went pale, eyes bulging from their sockets. because once i knew what was wrong, i wished i didn't. his left arm was clearly broken, the bone snapped right in half. it lay limply on the road, still attached to him of course but hanging awkwardly. and, what was clearly obvious, it hurt. a lot. 

" st-stan... please!" he sobbed, gasping and chocking for air. i snapped out of my trance, walking a little closer on my knees. my heart pounded against my ribcage, sending tremors to the rest of my body. i carefully slid an arm under his knees, another behind his back, and picking him up bridal style. it was easy, since he was so light. i grunted quietly, standing up with georgie in my arms. i stepped back onto the sidewalk, looking around for a sign of where we were. i blinked away the rain batting against my face, looking around. i spotted a sign in the distance: jackson street. i knew where to go from there.