hate: reddie & stenbrough

third person's p.o.v.

" fuck you tozier!" stan hollered, taking a step back and away from richie. no one knew how it had escalated that fast, or to that severity, but bill and eddie would've been lying if they said they weren't expecting it. richie had been being particularly provocative a few days prior to 'the incident' and hadn't left stan alone for a single second. eddie had asked richie on one of those days why, and he had simply shrugged and said 'bored. plus stan's a prick.' and nothing more was said.

so no one was particularly surprised that when the four of them had all been walking home from the aladin one afternoon, richie slapped stan's ass. richie didn't know of the thing called personal boundaries, and that was an issue for stan. it wasn't the first time richie had done that to him before, but he was already crabby from richie's nonstop teasing.

stan had stopped walking, causing all the others to stop. he'd cursed and richie and asked him why he'd done that, and richie said 'i can see the outline of your panties through your khakis.' and laughed hysterically for a good two minutes. until stan had lost it, and smacked richie right in the face.

" ow! fucking-"

" why are you such a fucking asshole?!" stan cried, taking another step back. stan's skin was burning bright crimson red, all the way from the tips of his ears down to the collarbones on his chest. stan had recently started wearing panties, eddie having bought him some for his birthday. he wondered how many people had been able to see their outline.

" calm down stan the man!" richie said, an amused smile tugging on the corners of his lips. he had a dark hand print forming on his scrawny left cheek. he casually crossed one leg over the other, resting his arm on eddies shoulder. eddie felt his face go pale, not knowing how to feel about the whole thing. bill felt very much the same, a little torn, as he latched onto stan's forearm with both his hands. " no need to get ya knickers in a twist-"

" no! richie just shut up!" stan cried, throwing his hands up in exasperation, causing bill to release his arm. " you never s-say anything nice to me! never! and this past-like-week you've been b-being just cruel!" he said, tears of frustration and embarrassment making their way into his eyes.

richie threw his hands up in mock surrender, leaving eddies side to step closer to stan again. "jeez i've just been messin' around. if i knew you were gonna bust a fucking nut over it then i wouldn't have-"

" you're disgusting!" stan roared, hurriedly wiping the angry tears that were tracking down his face. he didn't want to give richie the satisfaction of seeing him cry. " can you not be a... an a-uh-a-"

" jeez, someone's been spending a little to much time with stuttering bill am i right?" he said, smirking at eddie and nudging him gently. eddie just stepped away, shaking his head no at his boyfriend. richie knew the way he was treating stan was wrong, he did. but he just couldn't bring himself to stop. he normally solved his issues by cracking a joke, and when one person would laugh then everyone would soon join in. and whatever he'd done would be forgotten.

but that time, nobody laughed. bill swallowed thickly, entwining his hand with stan's "st-stan it's okay." he said quietly, worried for his boyfriend. he couldn't remember the last time richie had gotten under his skin so badly. " rich j-just ap-apologize."

richie felt his airway tighten, and he swallowed nothing. he didn't want to apologize, because if he apologized that meant he did something wrong, which to him he didn't. to him it was just another one of his jokes. but not to stan. nor bill. nor eddie. " uh- why?" he asked, forcing a smirk.

" YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!" stan cried, completely loosing it. he may have been overreacting: the panty thing had been humiliating and cruel, sure, but not terrible enough for that kind of reaction. but richie had gotten under stan's skin for the last time, having ticked off every nerve in stan's body. he ripped his hand from bill's, stomping right up to richie.