An evening out part 1

Sean and Kate head back to Vale and Kate immediately begins to notice certain changes in her life. Security Beuro Officers are always within earshot.

 Security Beuro Officers are always within earshot

The typical Security Beuro Officer.

They are in her apartment building, they are outside her job, and they are always in the corner of her eye. Kate has had it with the Officers shadowing her so she goes to talk to Sean.

Kate: Sean, I have a question for you.

Sean: What is it?

Kate: Why do you have SBOs shadowing my every move?

Sean: Are they really that obvious?

Kate: They stick out like a sore thumb.

Sean: I guess the uniform gave them away.

Kate: Yeah but that's not the problem. Why are they following me?

Sean: They are there to keep you safe.

Kate: But I don't need to be kept safe!

Sean: Yes you do! You don't know the kind of enemies that I have made in this job, people who would do anything to hurt me or those I love.

Kate: You could have opened with that.

Sean: I guess I should have. How about I take you out to dinner as an apology.

Kate: That would be wonderful, where would we go?

Sean: How about the Marabel?

Kate is shocked when she hears this due to the fact that the Marabel is fancier and more expensive than our worlds Restaurant de l'Hotel de Ville Crissier.

Kate: That is the most expensive restaurant in all of Remnant! How do you expect to get a reservation? I have heard that you have to book a year in advance to even be put on the waiting list!

Sean: Have you forgotten who I am? It would be no trouble at all for me to get a reservation, hell I could just walk in wearing a tracksuit and they would still get me a table.

Kate: If we are going there then I will need something to wear, I don't have anything fancy enough for that.

Sean: No worries I will send over my personal tailor and he will make sure that you have something to wear.

Kate: Alright then, when will we be going?

Sean: I will pick you up at six o'clock tomorrow.

Time skip to six o'clock tomorrow night.

Sean goes to pick up Kate and he is stunned by what she is wearing.

Kate's dress

Sean: You look wonderful.

Kate blushes when she hears this and when she sees what Sean is wearing.

Sean's uniform.

Kate: I didn't think it possible but you look even more handsome now.

Sean: That is very kind of you to say that.

They get into Sean's staff car and they go to the restaurant.
When they get to the restaurant Sean's personal guardsmen of honor get out and wait on either side of the entrance.

Kate: Are they going to be dining with us?
She asked in a mildly annoyed tone.

Sean: They will be guarding the restaurant for our security. Also they go everywhere with me.

Kate: They weren't there when we went to that cafe so why are they here?

Sean: You didn't notice them then. They are now in their official uniform but they normally operate in plainclothes as to blend in better.

Kate: These guys haven't been watching me have they?

Sean: Don't worry they are my personal guardsmen of honor, they only watch me. The Security Beuro on the other hand.

Kate: Never mind I'm too hungry to argue anymore.

They go inside only to see that the contingent of guardsmen that went inside are being stopped by the coat check guy.

Coat check guy: I'm sorry but I cannot let you beyond this point if you are armed, it's company policy.

Guard officer: I don't care about policy, We are guardsmen for the crown prince and how are we supposed to guard his majesty without our weapons!

Coat check guy: If you can prove that the crown prince is here then that would be an exception to the rule, but since his majesty isn't here, GO AWAY!

Sean walks towards the guard officer and the coat check guy.

Sean: Colonel, I am right next to you am I not?

Colonel: Yes you are your majesty.

Sean: And you are here, are you not?

Colonel: Yes I am your majesty.

Sean then turns to the coat check guy.

Sean: So by that logic I am here and I suggest that you let me and my guards pass before either I beat you into a sticky pulp or I order them to do that. And in all honesty I don't want to have my uniform dry cleaned so just let us through.

The coat check guy just opens the door and lets them pass. The guardsmen file into the room and flank the doors while Sean and Kate walked towards their table.