The first actual war part

YN and Weiss are on a bullhead to Menagerie to congratulate Blake on becoming chief.
Weiss is happy because she won the coin toss so her honor guard is accompanying them.

YN: Just so you know, I am still bitter that your honor guard came and mine didn't.

Weiss: Quit being a baby.

YN is grumbling but he doesn't talk about it for the rest of the flight.

They land at Menagerie and Weiss's honor guard get out and secure the perimeter.

Weiss's honor guard.

Blake meets them at the airport but it is a fairly awkward moment because Blake doesn't particularly like YN and YN doesn't particularly like Blake.

Blake: Ahh Weiss such a nice surprise, I see YN came as well.
She said the last part with an annoyed tone.

YN gives a sickly sweet smile.

YN: It's great to see you again.

They went by convoy to the main city but on the way they were confronted by protesters.
The protesters were angry that Vale lessened trade with Menagerie and they saw the royal family as the culprits.
The protesters started to throw rocks at the convoy, then one of the protesters fired a gun at YN's car, The honor guard then proceeded to fire into the mass of bodies in hopes of dispersing the rioters. The rioters dispersed but many were crushed in the stampede to escape. YN then ordered that they return to Vale immediately. The royal family and the honor guard managed to evacuate back to Vale.
However, the white fang riled up the government of Menagerie and they declared war on Vale.

YN, now safely back in Vale has heard the news and has ordered the Air Force to start bombing sorties against Menagerie.

Despite the best efforts of the white fang they were unable to rally the Faunus population of the empire to their cause

Georgy proclaimed that the war would be over within a year at most. The white fang was under increasing pressure by not only the VRAF but their own population. Only a quarter of Menagerie's population wanted war in the beginning, Now less than one sixth of the population wants to continue the fight.

Time skip seven months

About a million and a half imperial troops have landed on the shores of Menagerie. With the assistance of Faunus monarchists they were able to take control of the coasts with less than one hundred casualties.

 With the assistance of Faunus monarchists they were able to take control of the coasts with less than one hundred casualties

The average Vale rifleman.

AN: Casualties include injuries as well as deaths.

The white fang has lost most of its support and equipment. The imperial army has reinstalled Blake as the chief and they move to finish off the white fang for good.
YN arrives in Menagerie to conduct the final siege of the war.

YN: We will surround the fortress and starve them out. We will also put them under continuous fire from our siege guns in addition to bombing from the air.

Colonel: Consider it done your majesty.

YN then walks up to a corporal and asks him why is he fighting in this war.

Corporal: It sounded like an opportunity to see a foreign land and win glory.

YN: Is that all?

Corporal: Well I also wanted to become an officer.

YN: Well congratulations on your promotion lieutenant. Do you have any family.

Lieutenant: Thank you for the promotion your majesty, and yes I have a wife and kid at home. When I was shipping out my son asked me to bring him back a white fang mask.

YN: Will you?

Lieutenant: If I can find one.

YN: After this battle their bodies will litter the ground, it shouldn't be too hard for you to find one then.

Lieutenant: Right you are.

The siege lasted for about a week before the garrison or what was left of it surrendered.
From the ten thousand white fang troops that locked themselves inside when the siege began, less than one hundred left. The fort was in ruin and Adam Taurus was captured.

YN walked up to Adam.

YN: C'est la vie. (Such is life)

YN then shoots him point blank in the face and picks up Adam's sword to keep as a trophy.

YN: Burn his body, I don't want this bastard coming back. (He then looks at the sword in his hands) this will look great on my wall.

YN then goes up to the lieutenant from earlier.

YN: Did you get your trophy? He asks sarcastically gesturing to the soldiers bulging backpack.

Lieutenant: Yes Indeed sir, I got a mask for myself and my son in addition to an officer's sword and a tunic.

YN: All of which are good prizes.

YN then leaves the troops to pick through the rubble for trophies as he returns home.

Back in Vale YN is hailed as a hero for conducting the attack and Georgy is also held in high esteem by the population.