The new head of security

Salem won the contest

Sean: Salem.

YN: Salem? Ahh Salem. (In head) man, she was one of my more crazy girlfriends.

Salem: She has a good resume as queen of the Grimm.

YN: You're right, we need someone who is a little sadistic to be in charge of the security beuro.

Sean: I know, I factored that in when I read her file.

YN: Has she accepted the job.

Sean: She said yes to the job offer and she will be starting in about a month.

YN: Wonderful, however I would like to talk to her before she starts.

YN goes to his office and calls Salem.

YN: Hey Salem, how are you doing.

Salem: I've been doing well, I was a bit upset when we broke up.

YN: Yeah, our breakup was a bit awkward.

Salem: But we were young, we didn't know what we wanted.

YN: Yeah we were twelve.

Salem: Anyway, I've accepted the new job and I'll be starting in a week or two.

YN: Great, I'll send over some documents for you to look over and see what you think. There is also an apartment in the Imperial district waiting for you.

Salem: Thanks for the apartment. It will make my commute easier.

YN hangs up the phone and then tries sends an adjunct through a portal to hell to deliver the documents.

Adjunct: Your majesty, I'm pretty sure in my contract it says that you can't send me to hell.

YN: I'll give you a promotion to second lieutenant if you do this.

Adjunct: Consider it done your majesty.

The adjunct then marched through the portal to deliver the documents.

YN is also pouring over designs and blueprints for a new battle rifle to replace the old dust powered ones that were used by Atlas. They want to replace the old rifle due to the fact that it is too expensive and complicated for the new style of fighting used by the current government.

The Atlasian style of war was small units of well equipped soldiers supported by armored vehicles and robot soldiers. The Imperial style of war is large detachments of rifle armed conscript soldiers charging the enemy in front of armored vehicles.

Several designs are too poorly designed. Some are too expensive. Some are too high maintenance. There is one that is the perfect infantry weapon. It is a bolt action rifle that requires low maintenance, low training time and an even lower cost of less than one hundred Lien per rifle.

The new rifle, the T43MN AN: The 43 refers to the year 1943 and the MN is referring to Mosin Nagant

AN: The 43 refers to the year 1943 and the MN is referring to Mosin Nagant.

YN and the war department ordered five thousand rifles for field testing.
The twenty third infantry division was equipped with the rifles and told to test them under field conditions. The rifles passed the field test. They were then sent to fight a white fang base. Again the rifle passed the test. However the slow firing speed meant that they took casualties when going up against the machine gun emplacements.
The rifle was adopted as the new official standard issue battle rifle.

Salem has been working for about a week now and YN is extremely pleased. She has moved into her apartment and she is very happy with her new job and home.

Sorry for the short chapter. It is just that I am away with my family in upstate New York.