Tiebreaker

This is now between

Coco with two votes

Velvet  with two votes

Salem  with two votes

Neo  with two votes

The voting will be in by Thanksgiving.

For now, enjoy this chapter on what Ruby and Yang have been doing in the meantime.

Ruby: So what are we doing today Yang?

Yang: Probably just look for a job, train, or both.

Ruby: So no cookies?

Yang: No cookies, we don't have jobs.

Ruby: So no job, no cookies.

Yang: That is the long and short of it.

Ruby: How about we ask YN for a job.

Yang: He might, although we have not been on speaking terms since we ruined his weekend with Weiss.

Ruby: Yeah, we did kind of ruin their private weekend.

Yang: I think we should still ask.

Ruby: Your right.

They go and call YN about a possible job offer and they are rather surprised when he offered them desk jobs.

Yang: Not that we aren't appreciative but why a desk job?

YN: Its simple, it is just a way that I can send you money without going through the byzantine beurocratic  process of sending money from the royal bank to a common citizen.

Ruby: So this job is just a way that you can pay us.

YN: You'll have to do minor things, but nothing major. In a sense you'll just show up one day a week and the rest of the week is free.

Yang: Thanks big bro.

YN: Don't mention it.

They hang up the phone and then they go to town so that Ruby can buy her chocolate chip cookies. They then go to the forest to train against Grimm. Whilst they were in the woods Ruby found a rather interesting object, it was a chalice.

 Whilst they were in the woods Ruby found a rather interesting object, it was a chalice

The chalice of Narultisan the first.

Ruby: What is that?

Yang: I don't know. But I know who might.

Ruby: YN?

Yang: YN.

They then call YN and tell him about this chalice that they found in the woods.

YN: Does this chalice have any markings or symbols?

Yang: There is a warrior surrounded by about two dozen other warriors. Do you have any idea what it is?

YN: It might be the chalice of Narultisan the first.

Ruby: Who was he?

YN: The better question would be what was he.

Yang: Alright, what was he?

YN: Some stories say that he is a great warrior, others say that he was so great he was almost godlike, some stories even say that he was a god. He supposedly created Vale.

Ruby: You mean he founded it?

YN: No, he willed it into existence. He fought off the armies of darkness in order to create a paradise on earth. He was beloved by all. All except Valthrufnir. Valthrufnir struck down the mighty Narultisan, but he didn't die. He went into the Akorda palace and ascended to the heavens to take his throne above. Valthrufnir was killed by Narultisan's subjects and his body was cast into the burning pits of Malefaste. It is said that in the fatherland's greatest hour of need, Narultisan will descend from the heavens with his guard of angels and defend the fatherland for all eternity.

Ruby: So the chalice. Is it important?

YN: Supposedly Narultisan collected his blood, sweat, and tears in the chalice in order to pull the islands out of the sea. It is one of the most venerable and holy relics in the worship of the old god. I'll send some troops to pick it up.

Ruby: But what if we want to keep it?

YN: What part of I'll send troops to pick it up did you not understand. It is the property of the Imperial Government by royal decree.

Yang: Ruby, I think it is best if we just give YN the chalice.

YN: Thank you Yang. Despite the fact that I am sending the Imperial Army to take the chalice, that is not to say that you will go unrewarded. They will also be sent with one million Lien as compensation for the inconvenience.

Ruby: Fair enough.

YN then sends a company of guardsmen to take the chalice and to deliver the one million Lien. The chalice of Narultisan the first is then placed in a bulletproof case in the Temple of Narultisan the first.

AN: Yes I am creating a new god. However, that is not to take away credit from Monty Oum.