A day in the life of Velvet

Velvet was in her office writing something into a notebook when YN and high priest Adler barge into her office.

Velvet: Your majesty, what an honor. (Turns to Adler) greetings father.

Adler: I wish we could be here under more pleasant conditions but we have a big problem.

Velvet: Which is?

YN Adler: Heresy!

Velvet: What do you want me to do about it. If anything talk to Lord Inquisitor Hartman.

Adler: We would but we don't think it is that much of a problem yet.

YN: Come up with a nifty public relations campaign discouraging heresy.

Velvet: I'll see what I can do.

Within the day there is a poster awaiting the Emperor's approval.

Velvet: Here's the new poster. What do you think?

 What do you think?

YN: It seems cute. But do you think it will work?

Velvet: It has a relatively high chance of working, it is playing on the natural instinct to protect cute things.

YN: Print two thousand posters and ten million on small leaflets. We'll drop the leaflets over the countryside and areas most effected by the heresy. If not we'll send in the army.

Velvet: I never asked, what is considered heresy?

YN: It's a fairly long list but the most prominent one is spreading untrue rumors about the empire, emperor, or Imperial Oumism.

AN: Oumism is the religion based around Monty Oum while Imperial Oumism is based around both Monty Oum and the emperor.

Velvet: What are the punishments if you are charged?

YN: Lower level offenses will normally get you ten lashes with a cane, in the middle you are more likely to have the shit kicked out of you by the local imperial garrison and be thrashed by the local commissar. But the highest can be excommunication followed by being burned.

Velvet: It's a good thing that I am not a heretic then.

YN: It is Indeed.

The leaflets and posters are printed but it isn't as effective as they hoped. In certain villages people are being killed over their religious beliefs. YN is extremely displeased with the villagers so he solves it the only way he knows how. He sends in his two new regiments to crush the heretics. The elite storm grenadiers manage to break through the outer walls of the castle used by the heretical forces and then the elite guards charge into the settlement. Most are cut down where they stood but some managed to flee into the inner castle.

The elite guards and elite storm grenadiers then prove that they earned that title. They charge the entrenched infantry and light machine guns. The bullets just ricochet off of their armor. Due to the heavy helmets not even headshots can take them down. They burst through the enemy lines and rout the enemy into the keep. Not wanting to damage the potential loot the guards storm the building instead of setting it alight. The defenders are either cut down or they surrender. Although life in an imperial prison camp is not much better.

The guards, as their contract permits them, fill their pockets with looted rings, watches, necklaces, and whatever else they pick off of the dead.

On that day it wasn't the individual soldier's baptism of fire due to the fact that many of them were combat veterans of campaigns as old as the first Vale White fang war. But it did provide the baptism for the two new regiments.

The regiments also got their nicknames. The elite guards are now called the Emperor's finest and the elite storm grenadiers are called the Emperor's fist. The guardsmen were then sent on parade through the imperial parade square to the amazement of the populace. Because heavy armored infantry units are not a common sight. Most parades just have standard Imperial infantrymen and a few tanks. So seeing Elite infantry is a special treat.