The brotherhood of labor is back and they are being assholes, again

So the day starts in Mistral with a rather large angry mob outside the capitol city. The aforementioned angry mob has been stirred up by the particularly dickish leader of the Brotherhood of Labor, Secretary Vladimir Firinov.

The mob has been fighting the army of the republic of Mistral and unfortunately they have been winning. The army has been pushed back through the countryside and pushed back to Mantle. The Minister General of Mistral, Nicolas Arkipov has requested that the Imperial navy comes to evacuate the Mistral government and the populace.

YN does one better. He sends the Gallant class Battle carrier Nursultan and the northeastern fleet to transport the personal army of the emperor to Mistral to aid in the defense and reconquest of Mistral. YN also dispatched the Menagerie flotilla, under the command of admiral James Lloyd to transport the 341 assault army under the command of General Lie Ren.

AN: Yes, Ren is a General in the imperial army.

The emperor's personal army consists of the elite guards, elite storm grenadiers forty tanks, fifty armored personnel carriers, 100 field guns and their support vehicles, 2,000 Imperial guardsmen, and 4,000 T2 Imperial infantrymen

The 341 assault army is bigger but it lacks the elite guards and elite storm grenadiers. But it has an additional 4,000 Imperial guardsmen and 6,000 T2 Imperial infantrymen.

And for those of you who were wondering, this is what the battle carrier Nursultan looks like.

The Imperial Air Force is the first to strike when they launch air raids against coastal defenses and deploy the 132 "Georgy" paratrooper regiment behind enemy lines

This is what they look like.

The red white and black are the colors of Georgy's Battle flag flag and they added them as a tribute

The red white and black are the colors of Georgy's Battle flag flag and they added them as a tribute. They got their nickname "Georgy" because their first mission was to aid General Georgy in an assault and they won the day. As a gift of gratitude Georgy gave them his old Battle flag and the permission to use his name in their unit. This was a huge deal because only Imperial bodyguard regiments were awarded Battle flags from generals. The battle flag is now kept in their gathering hall and it is one of the most precious relics of the regiment. Also because of this they have been recognized as a pseudo commando unit and they are now used for much more high priority missions. Now they were dropping in behind enemy lines with the intent of damaging infrastructure.

Another excellent unit used was the 466 Infantry or "Signal's Shroud" these fine fellows got their name from way back to the second revolt on Patch. They were the first Imperial troops on the shores of Patch since the original garrison was kicked out. Their job was also to damage infrastructure as well as killing collaborators.

"Signal's Shroud"

"Signal's Shroud"

One example of this would be at the Barker family home. Three infantrymen kicked open the door and dragged Tom Barker from his chair in full view of his faience Clare.

Clare: Who are you and what are you doing to Tom?!

Infantryman: We are Signal's Shroud and we are going to kill him for being a heretic since he collaborated with the fucking brotherhood of labor!

Clare: That's mean!

Infantryman: Do you think we get a nickname like Signal's Shroud for being careful of feelings? We don't bake cookies and pet kittens for a living. We kill people, loot, and burn buildings for our paycheck!

Clare then tries to hit the infantryman but it is little use, he just stabbed her in the stomach with his combat knife. A flurry of stabbing and kicking is heard as they punish Tom for his treachery. They then fill their satchels with any valuables and put the building to the torch.

As you could imagine this could get out of hand very quickly with them attacking non heretics but surprisingly they only target those who demonstrate heretical tendencies, although they do sometimes use guilt by association so they sometimes go a little nuts. However, they are quite good at stirring up the local populace.

So we have seen units like the Emperor's elite guards that follow orders down to the letter. And ones like the "Georgy" paratroopers who are by the book. And we have even seen some of the less disciplined like the "Signal's Shroud"
There are dozens of special units like these but these are some of the more notable ones.

AN: Sorry that there wasn't much fighting in this chapter but I assure you that there will be more than enough in the next chapter.