Forgiving Summer

YN is walking through the halls of his mighty palace when he stopped at a window. He looks through and sees his old home, the island of Patch. YN thinks about how he had suffered for the entirety of his early life there and was only freed from his chains after he tried to take his own life at the age of eight. He then thinks of how he scorned his father both in life and death. He then thinks of his mother. YN sheds a tear thinking of her alone in that big cabin.

YN: I should go visit her, I haven't seen her in over two years. It has been forty years since the torture ended, she has suffered long enough.

YN boards his helicopter and sets out for Patch.

Summer is sitting in a chair in her cabin when she hears a rotor. She goes outside to see what it is and she is shocked to see YN disembarking from the helicopter.

Summer runs up to YN and gives him a big hug.

Summer: My baby has come back.

YN: Hey mom, How are you doing?

Summer: I am still sad about Tai but I am glad that you are here.

YN: I am here to forgive you for your actions in my childhood.

Summer then breaks down crying.

Summer: For the past forty years that is all I wanted to hear you say.

YN: I realized that Tai died with me still being mad at him,I still am at him but I realized that I didn't want to be mad at you anymore.

Summer: Come in, I was just making some tea. Would you like some?

YN: I would love some.

They go inside the cabin and they take tea.

YN: I would like you to move to the mainland. It would be better for everyone.

Summer: But what about my house?

YN: Summer, this house has termites, black mold and the perverted ghost of old man Murphy. I think its time that you move. There are some very nice apartments in the imperial district and I think that you would like them.

Summer: Alright I'll look at these apartments with you, but I am making no promises.

They get on YN's helicopter and then they went to the apartments to look at.

Real estate agent: This building is in the most secure district in the city and it has twenty four hour security. It also has a gym and an indoor pool.

YN: So, what do you think mom?

Summer: I love the place but it is a bit out of my price range.

YN: We'll take it.

Summer: But it's out of my price range, even if I sold the cabin I couldn't afford it.

YN: But I can.

Summer: YN, I will not let you buy this for me.

YN: You can and you will.

Summer smiles at this.

Summer: At least let me by your lunch.

YN: I have lunch reservations with grand marshal Georgy, Secretary for information Howard and Supreme commander of Atlas Sean, in addition to other chiefs of staff. I'd invite you to come but you have to not make a noise. This is very sensitive information not for the common citizen.

Summer: I'll come, and I'll be quiet.

YN: Good, now lets get in the car.

They get into the car and then they are driven to a heavily guarded military compound outside the city. They are stopped at a guard post along the driveway to the compound.

Guard: Roll down your windows and display your identification badge.

YN's driver rolls down the windows and the guard sees YN. The guard immediately dropped to his knees.

Guard: Your presence humbles me your most divine and glorious majesty.

YN: You may rise.

The guard gets to his feet and sends them through. They then drive to the central building in the compound and then they go inside. The inside wasn't what Summer imagined. There were a series of chess tables, dart boards and pool tables surrounding a 1920s style bar.
YN goes up to Georgy.

YN: Georgy, long time no see. How's the wife?

Georgy: I managed to get a half nights sleep last night.

YN: Things that bad again?

Georgy: That wasn't why I was up with her half the night. (Wink wink nudge nudge)

YN: Ahh, So Georgy. This is my mother.

Georgy: Pleasure to meet you. You should be very proud of your son... YN why isn't she speaking? Does she feel ill?

YN: I told her what you told your wife when we met, that this was a top secret meeting.

At that point everyone starts laughing except for Summer. Summer just looks shocked.

YN: Ohh (laughs) the look on your face.

Summer was bitter about this for all of five minutes before she managed to get a double bullseye with darts and then they had a fun night.

Summer: So (hic) where was (hic) that?

YN: Oh just the annual get together of all the top brass. (In head) let's get you home you little drunk.

AN: Little because YN is six foot nine while Summer is, at least in this story, five feet tall.