The state funeral

YN is sitting at his desk when he gets a phone call from an adjunct.

Adjunct: Your majesty, we regret to inform you that your father Alan Abishov and your mother Emma Abishov have just passed away.

YN: (sobs) What happened, how did they die?

Adjunct: They died peacefully in his sleep while watching bed knobs and broomsticks.

YN: (sniff) he always loved that movie. Contact the state funeral director.

Adjunct: I'll contact Nicky right away.

AN: can you guess what that is a reference to?

YN hangs up and turns to the window behind his desk and he looks out over Vale.

YN: You have seen some extraordinary things in your lives haven't you? You witnessed the rise of both Vale and your son. You witnessed your grandchildren and the good that they have done. I take comfort in the fact that you are together in paradise.

YN then sits down in his chair and he gets a call from a crying Ruby.

Ruby: Big brother, dad is dead!

YN: This is a horrible coincidence.

Ruby: What do you mean?

YN: My parents both passed away today along with your father.

Ruby: Don't you mean our father?

YN: No.

Ruby: Why? (sniffle)

YN: I have never forgiven him for my childhood! My father and mother will receive a full state funeral. That bastard Tai will receive nothing from me both in life and in death!

YN hangs up the phone and starts to plan the funeral. Weiss comes into YN's office with a cup of tea for YN.

Weiss: I just want you to know that if you want a shoulder to cry on I am right here.

YN sips the tea and pulls Weiss into a hug.

YN: I always thought that I was prepared for their passing. Its not like they had a short life, they were happily married for well over sixty years. But still (sobs) I am not prepared.

YN then starts crying into Weiss' shoulder.

Weiss: There there, let it all out.

Time skip three days.

The entirety of Vale has turned out for the funeral parade. The two coffins are pulled by a team of black horses. The Honor guards march alongside the coffins. A parade consisting of over twenty thousand soldiers and one hundred tanks creates a grand spectacle on the way to the cemetery.
A twenty one gun salute echoes throughout the capital.

Meanwhile on Patch a small family lowers a casket into the ground on their property.

Everybody is crying except Raven, Raven never cries.

Summer: Why (sniffle) isn't YN here?

Ruby: He is at the funeral for his parents.

Summer: But I'm still alive and he isn't here.

Ruby: He doesn't regard Tai as his father.

When Summer hears this she breaks down crying.

Yang: It's ok mom, he still loves you.

Summer: How do you know that?

Yang: I can feel it in my heart.

AN: comment if you want YN to forgive Summer.

Meanwhile back in Vale YN is starting to feel better.

YN: I'll sure as hell miss them.

Sean: He was a great man and she was a great woman.

Emily: And they were both great family, they will be truly missed.

Weiss: I'm sure that they would love what we did for them today. They always did like parades.

YN: That they did. Now let's all carry them forward in our hearts and minds.

Everybody else in the room: Here here.

Emily then goes up to YN and gives him a hug.
YN smiles at this and he pats her on the head. Sean and Weiss then go up to YN and give him a group hug.

Emily: If you need to talk, just know that you have family to lean on.

YN: Thank you Emily. And a thank you to everyone in this room. You may not have known my parents but I am sure that they would have loved to meet each and every one of you.

In memory and tribute to the late missus Hirsch.