Chapter 2 - Hello Melbourne

A week later that time I sat on the plane to Melbourne. During the flight I thought about what will happen in Melbourne and all that stuff. I actually thought about a lot of things. -Will I find new friends?

-Will the people at Penola be nice to me?

I didn't have a clue of all this. All I knew was that Jai was waiting for me at the airport. I was so excited to see him.

A while later I fell asleep and I woke up by the annoying voice of a stewardess telling us all that stuff she must tell us. I didn't listen. I was too excited.

When I walked out of the plane and through the airport I searched for Jai. We texted each other earlier that day saying we both would wear a stupid hat to recognize each other. I was a little embarrased with my really big hat with a big fat flower on it. But then I saw a cute boy with a big  and ugly cowboy hat and a piece of carpboard on which was written "WELCOME IN MELBOURNE! EXCHANGE YEAR SISTER!" I laughed at that and waved him. He laughed at my hat and when our paths crossed he hugged me hello. "Wow, hello." I said and he smiled at me and said "I love your hat, Holly. And welcome in your hometown for the next year."

A while later we went to his car and drove to the Brooks', there I met Gina, Luke and Beau. All were so kind and nice. I felt like this was going to be the time of my life. "Jai cooked for us, he thought you might be hungry after the long flight." My face lighted up and as Gina said that and I said "Oh god Jai, thank you so much, you're a mind reader, I'm starving." We all laughed and started to take dinner. It was delicious.

After that Jai showed me the house. I would sleep in a seperate room. It wasn't too big but almost too big for me since I didn't want to spend the whole day in there.

About an hour later I took a shower and was ready for to go to bed. It was just 10 PM but the flight made me really tired. I said good night to everyone and went to my room. A while later Jai came in. "Can I come in?" He said after knocking. I smiled to myself and said yes. He asked me how my first thought of all this was. It was actually amazing. The way I could talk to everyone there and just everything. I told him so and we both smiled.

"Don't you feel alone now, on your first night in Melbourne?" he said with a bit of worry on his face. It was so cute how much he cared about me without even really knowing me that well. "No, all the excitement and the flight made me so tired that I don't have the power to feel lonely." We chuckled and he said "So you don't want to watch a movie with me?" I giggled again and said "I never said so. Which movie do we want to watch?" He smiled and got up to put so random movie in the DVD player....