Chapter 16 - I'm home

Luke and I arrived at the airport and my mom picked us up. While Luke grabbed our suitcases and put them in the trunk of my mom's car, mom and I talked a bit.

The first thing she did was hugging me really tight. "Mom. Can't breathe." I stuttered and we giggled. "So is that your boyfriend Jai? He looks-" 

"No, Jai's sick. That's his brother Luke. But they're twins." My smile disappeared as I told mom that Jai couldn't be with me. She put her hand on my shoulder.

"Ahw, sweetie. Didn't you confuse Jai and Luke in the beginning?" 

I laughed "haha no, They're so different if you know them." Then I whispered "And to me, Jai looks a bit better." 

Mom and I laughed and before Luke came around the car, she told me to say 'Hi and get well soon' to Jai from her.

 "So girls, I'm ready." Luke said.

We all got in the car and went home. "Mom,...where's grandma? I wanna see her." I whispered as we went in. 

"She's in her room. But honey, she starts to forget things so don't be surprised okay?"

I nodded and made my way up to her room. "Should I come with you?" Luke asked me. He knew that I was afraid. I didn't know how she would react and everything. But I shook my head. "I wanna see her alone at first. But thanks. Mom will show you your room."

Luke nodded and walked downstairs again where mom was waiting for him. I walked into my grandma's room and saw her laying on her bed. She looked so weak. 

"Hey." I whispered. I sat down on her bed and held her hand. She tried to smile "Holly." I nodded. I stayed in her room for a while. She didn't say that much so I told her about Jai and everything else that was on my mind. She was happy that I found someone to love. After about one hour I went to my room and saw Luke sitting on the bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I don't know, I just wanna go to bed. The flight and everything was too much."

Luke was just about to leave but before he left my room, he hugged me. "It's okay, Holly." he whispered. I didn't say anything, I just enjoyed having someone to cheer me up. When he left I showered and went to bed.

In the middle of the night I woke up and went to grandma's room. I knocked and she whispered "Come in." I sat on her bed and held her hand again. We talked a bit. It was hard for her to talk so I tried to avoid asking her something, I just told her random stuff. Then she fell asleep. 

There was another knock on the door before Luke came in. "What are you doing here? You should be sleeping." he whispered. I faced him again and he saw tears in my eyes. "She's dead." I whined. That was right. She didn't fell asleep, no, her body gave up fighting against her illnesses.

Luke quickly came closer and wrapped his arms around me. "I'm so sorry." He whispered. "Should I go and tell your mom and dad to come?" 

I nodded and he went out. While he was gone I just sat on my bed and looked at my grandma.

Mom, dad and Luke came in. They told me to go to bed after a long group hug. Luke went in my room with me and I asked him to stay the night. I felt alone and I hated that feeling. "Yeah, I'll get my matress." he said but I held his wrist. "No, sleep in my bed with me. Only sleeping. I feel bad and alone." He nodded and closed the door. "Do you want to call Jai or someone else?" 

I nodded and said "Yeah, Ryan. My best friend from here." I called Ryan. He was my only and best friend back here. He was always there for me and I regreted not calling him when I was in Australia. I told him about my grandma. He offered me to go to a dancing lesson with him tomorrow. To think of something different. We always went dancing on Fridays. I agreed and hang up. Then I called Jai. he said he felt better and I told him about my grandma. He cheered me up a bit and then Luke and I went to bed. I was glad that Luke was there for me. 

But I bet if I would have felt good, he would have tried to flirt with me. But he didn't and that was good.

Okay, I cried while writing this chapter because my grandma really died because of having cancer. I love you granny. <3